Century Morning

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Well I tossed and turned all night, trying to think of a place I could hit in the morning...Up and on the forum for some early inspiration, then over to Google Earth...Surfed around a bit and I sees myself a College, and head over there. Got on site at 6:15....Open Gates! Grass all around the sides! Not a soul in sight! Oh Boy! But nope, a fast pass through for a complete dud..got 3 Q's is all...Obviously, some groundskeeper is sweeping this place hard and often...

On over to another school to the South...walked the whole perimeter of the Sports fields but they were all locked up tight...Well bummer! I hit 3 pennies in the chip totter is all...Well this certainly is no way to make any kind of money!

So off to another Indoctrination Center I saw on the satellite...Had to park and walk in to get to the field and sure enough one gate was wide open! Conditions were not optimal, high wet grass, with hard dry clay type of soil underneath...skews a signal damnably and hard to hop coil for a fast easy stab. Still, I just stayed in there and worked it with the F70 set up a bit hotter to read dirt targets through all that air, Coins galore! Q's hitting on every swing! Stacks even! A JFK half!

I was sweating and worn out with a heavy pouch...So I go on out of there and head for the house...Looked at the clock in Rosie...WTH? Its only 8:30?

I've been very sick for the past week and just didnt feel good at all...But I pulled some pay this am...I shoulda went to this place first and not wasted any time driving and dinking around...But hey...its a hunt...$24.38...100 coins...I bet I wasnt in there an hour..tell you what, a screwdriver and a fast accurate rig is the medicine for a place like this...impossible to dig this many coins that fast with a digger...

Attachments

• may 28-18-1.jpg
    may 28-18-1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 571
  • may 28-18-2.jpg
    may 28-18-2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 523
  • may 28-18.jpg
    may 28-18.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 496
Wooo hooo! Nice late inning scoring run!
Good to see you on the offensive buddy.
Let's get you a ticket on that slow boat to Manitowoc .
I'll pick you up at the dock. No need to pay for a car .
I'm serous.
HH ,
Dew

Wow, that's a lot of targets man...

Hoping you get to feeling better Mud..

Stay cool..

<°)))>{

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, I'd love to see you in action. You swinging and stabbing would be better than a carnival sideshow! Big Congrats on getting that many coins in such a short period of time. I bet you hit that place again. Hopefully after they cut the grass and it's not wet. I hate detecting in thick tall grass that's soaking wet with dew. Especially when it's hot and humid and the ground is rock hard.

beephead

"a fast accurate rig is the medicine for a place like this"..A key comment there Mud, a lot of time can be wasted trying to figure out what some machines are saying, except for "beepers" that is:grin:

Thanks for the kind comments Friends! Yes, it was HOT! Working on a slope off to the sides of the seats, and that creates a whole set of signal dynamics in and of itself...the target is also on a slant, and a guy has to figure out where it is...

If the grass was flat and the soil wet, yeah...probably double the take, trouble is getting into a place at the optimal time of year cant always be accomplished...Maybe only 5 days out of the year when its perfect conditions and a gate is left open! So I just busted the easy Q's...surface to about 3" is all...I agree, dry dirt and tall wet grass, a Hot humid day are the worst...

That's some impressive CPH there; especially considering the adverse conditions! Your coin-to-pouch time has got to still be one of the best in the field.

"NEW RULE on high speed mega clad claims: No video; it didn't happen"

We'll let ya slide this time, Ol' Timer.

An hour and 100 coins, now that is impressive.

I have to ask about your machine setup. Did you turn down the sensitivity so you were not getting as much depth or did you just ignore deeper signals?

I am surprised you did not find more dimes. Were you discriminating everything like pennies and below out or is it just the what the targets were at the site?

Ray

Back
Top Bottom