Cool 1930's Toy

Pioneer

Pulled this cool vintage Tootsie (Buck Rogers) Battle cruiser about 5 inches down. Doing some basic research I found that they made them in 1937. They had two rollers through which one ran a string, the string then being attached at either end to whatever was handy. And by either pushing the toy back and forth on the string or raising and lowering the string the ships had the appearance of flying.
Kids today should play with these type of toys more and play videos less.
One of my favorite finds ever. I would rather find something like this over a silver coin.

Attachments

• Church hunt in Oronoco - 04 - 01.jpg
    Church hunt in Oronoco - 04 - 01.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 346
Kids today should play with these type of toys more and play videos less.

YOU SAID IT. Today's toys and video games leave nothing to the imagination, thusly our kids no longer have imaginations. They're just screen monkeys.

I agree, that is way cooler than most coins! Will you clean it up and hook it to a string? Or leave it in "as-dug" condition?

CAUTION !! A few weeks ago the wife and I was watching Svengoolie on Me-TV a few Saturdays back. They had a spaceship just like that crash into the ocean and a strange space monster attack the Earth that came out of it.:laughing: Good job always enjoy the old toys

Looks to be in great condition, except for the paint being gone. They don't make toys like they used to. Definitely would be one of my favorites too.

That's the coolest toy I've seen found. Among the tootsies, whistles, little soldiers etc I've found, my favorite is the 1940 Radio Orphan Annie decoder. Ala, Christmas Story movie.

Too cool!

I see there’s a 4-piece Buck Rogers toy set in original box on ebay, asking price of almost $3,500 -

Back
Top Bottom