What do you do with your junk?

I could understand why some of you recycle only brass and copper; it's those that pay the most (anyway here in WA that's the case).

But I don't often find scrap copper or brass, but instead a copious amount of aluminium scrap so I'd probably make way more in scrapping aluminium than copper and brass combined.

I have started finding large chunks of brass around old water meters. It seems like city workers around here just toss old fittings on the ground when retrofitting meters.

Thanks for everyone's replies, I will definitely be sorting my trash, I guess I do it to not only recycle but at least I'll get some reward for digging up rubbish.

Lead I most commonly find in the form of sinkers and if my box gets full (which it will be very soon), I'll be selling them individually, you'd get more $ from them if you sold them separately.

Just one last question to dirtykneese and groundhog, does it matter if the iron/steel is badly rusted? Do they still take it or do they expect you to remove it (ie. only clean steel)

I never had any trouble if the steel was rusted. They never asked any questions... KEN

Back
Top Bottom