Any tips on using a Bounty Hunter Gold Digger?

RelicVet

Forum Supporter
This was my first choice as a starter, due to its price and the reviews were moderately positive. On my first run, I found plenty of old iron relics, but not much else. I was just curious if anyone has some advice for using this model in particular, or anything in general for someone starting out. I live on 40 acres of forested property, with about 100 acres of undeveloped forestry surrounding the backside of our property line.

i use the same model,i'm new to the sport but i found that the md has different tones,silver tones higher then iron.just keep digging everything until you learn your machine.

I started out with a gold digger and it's a great machine for the money, it will find everything up to around 5 inches down.

What I did after using it for a while is put a small bent rusty nail on the ground and then turn up the trash eliminator up until the machine just ignores it then marked that spot on the dial with a marker.

Coins make a different sound than pull tabs so put a few out and get used to their sounds. Good luck and happy hunting!

This was our first model (My nephew and I), and even after owning a V3I, We still LOVE this machine. Gruff deep tones are almost always garbage, the high buzz is always something decent. Dont let any nay sayers tell you anything different as this machine in my opinion is worth many times what you paid for it. We put ours through mud, muck, etc and it never missed a beat. Piad for itself a hundred fold.Learn the tones and nothing will get past you that is in range. You can cherry pick like crazy with this machine.:cool:

Thanks

I appreciate the advice. I did a self test using clad coins, (Hope I used that term correctly), and noticed the Nickels sounded different than the Dimes and Quarters. The tone was extremely high when I tested my fiance's antique silver spoon and potato peeler as well. I noticed nails, (still a fun find for a first timer), gave off a low, broken tone. I'm just hoping adjusting the trash eliminator won't remove other iron relics from the table, because I got a kick out of finding an old pillbox, a pick axe head, an old spoon, etc.

Back
Top Bottom