AMAZING sidewalk tearout! 29 oldies.......

goes4ever

Elite Member
Yesterday I went back to the small town where I hunted a sidewalk tearout a few weeks back. Well now they scraped the entire curb strip off about 6" deep!!!!

yesterday was the best day, got 6 indians, 9 wheats, 3 silver 1892 and 1902 barbers, 1916 merc, and 1887 V nickel. Today was nothing to complain about but not quite as stellar. Today netted me 3 buffalo nickels, 4 more wheats, 2 more indians, another barber dime and a soap token. Pretty good hunt both days!

now in 3 weeks I have dug all 1916 merc dimes how nuts is that!???
8-27-11 dug the 1916-D
9-11-11 dug the 1916-S
9-14-11 I dug the 1916 plain.....good thing I got the "D" first...lol

this year I am at 157 silver, 94 indians (my goal is 100!!!)

DSC01376.jpg

DSC01378.jpg

DSC01379.jpg

DSC01380.jpg

DSC01381.jpg

DSC01386.jpg

Wow, those are all great coins. I am going to my Father in laws house Saturday(turn of the century) and I hope to luck up and find just one coin like those.

Great hunts man. That town has given you so many keepers its crazy. I think you need to make a post for all the finds from that town!!

OH YOU SUCK!
imagesCA5RSMFW.jpg
look at that haul

NURSE!.. bring more meds

NOW!

lets go rent a backhoe and tear out the village square tonight

Simply awesome finds! Way to go and make it back to that tearouts, I love sidewalk tearouts!

Wow what great finds. I would hit that place every day until they poured concrete over me.... :waytogo:

Really nice job. After a day like that I'd do some serious celebrating.

Shoot, I'd like to find one Indian Head.

You've had some awesome results from the sidewalk tear out! Congratulations on all the nice finds! Keep it up, and hope you hit 100 Indians!

Great hunt Goes. With 6 inches of soil removed these finds must've been easy pickings. Congrats on the silver and Indians. You'll probably get the 100th Indian this weekend. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom