Another piece of silver.

hoser

Forum Supporter
Went back to my old campground today, and tried a new spot. I was getting the uusual clad and pennies. I decided to try the area close to the soccer field there, and after about ten minutes I got a good strong quarter signal at about 5" deep. Thought to myself ok another clad quarter, but the signal was different???? A lot sharper in sound than the sound a clad gives off. I dug down to the depth the machine said, and the target was gone. :shock: I checked the pile of dirt and there it was. This is the first Barber I have found. And yes, the dance started :lol: I seems to be in real good shape too. Now I'm really pumped.

Attachments

• 2006_0505Barber0031a.jpg
    2006_0505Barber0031a.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 200
  • 2006_0505Barber0032a.jpg
    2006_0505Barber0032a.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 206
nice find, very sharp quarter, i would still be dancing :lol:

Beautiful coin, hoser! I just love the eagle design of the Barber quarters and halfs. Nice going!

If only someone had been walking by with a camcorder to catch your dance. :lol:

Thanks to you all. :yes:
Angel, had there been someone there, and they saw me flogging around, they would have suspected I just got into a ground hornets nest, and they would have headed for the hills. :?: :shock: :lol: I really have to go back to this spot with the 5.3" coil. It is a tangled up mess in there, and the 950 is too tough to move around.

A  beauty  Hoser,  :wow: any Barber  quarter  you can read  liberty  on  the headband  is at least extra fine.  I  believe  yours  is  a  little better  then  the  08  i picked up  this winter............Gil

I was wondering, has this old campground been hit hard in the past, and is it being used today?

What a beauty!! I'm still waitin' for a Barber quarter...but you can bet when I find one, I'll be dancin' for days!! :lol: :lol:

Holy Canoli hoser .. Whadda coin !
I am now officially jealous of ya, WTG !

A little late, but my congrats to you on that beautiful Barber Hoser! That's a really nice find, and in such great condition! I'd have been dancing too! HH!

Back
Top Bottom