Airforce buttons?

mega

I finally made it out today :yes:

I plucked these 2 buttons out of the same hole, Look like Air force to me Whatcha think? Says: Waterbury button company CONN. on the back.

MAN it felt good to get out and swing away :lol:

Attachments

• buttons.jpg
    buttons.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 150
:wow: Those are really nice to say the least. How much did you have to clean them to look that good?

Actually they were pretty clean. They had some red dirt (Virginia mud) that was caked to the backside of the buttons which was pretty easy to get off with a little water. The wheaties i found though are pretty much useless. :(

I found the buttons 6" down about 4 feet from a concrete slab which is at the corner of my sisters property. Must of been an old shed there at one time. Found a handful of old cut nails around the area. Heh them cut nails ring sweet at times.

Gonna rub'em with the Jewelry care cloth tonight. It would be nice if they turn out to be silver.

The backside.

Attachments

• buttonsb.jpg
    buttonsb.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 142
Mega- I Looked into a book on military buttons and buttons that have that backmark seem to date from mid to late 1800's. You find anything else there to suggest they might be that old? MM

I looked a little deeper and that button is probably post/1900 but earlier then the 1940's . Sorry about that. MM

Great button site Artemis, thanks for providing it. I found a military uniform button that I dug. Do you know if the buttons are dated anywhere on the site?

Roger B said:
Great button site Artemis, thanks for providing it. I found a military uniform button that I dug. Do you know if the buttons are dated anywhere on the site?

I don't think they are, but you might email them a pic, and see if they have any info. Not sure they would respond, but ya never know.

Waaahhooooo, :D those buttons brought back memories!
I had to go look in the closet and check. Yep they match the ones on my hubby's  :yes: dress blues!

Back
Top Bottom