Wireless Setup

beephead

Elite Member
I'm really liking my wireless headphone set up on my Deus and CTX. I'd like to go wireless with my Tesoro, MXT Pro, F75, and Omega metal detectors. What's the best set up for this. I don't mind clipping a receiver to my belt to plug the headphones into. I just don't want the detector and headphones to be directly wired.

beephead

The Garrett Z-Lynk is the type set up that I'm looking for, but surely there's something that does the same exact thing without the Garrett price. I might like the earbuds, but the runtime seems awfully short and I won't be able to run my full cup headphones during the winter time or when I need to knock out some nearby noise like a busy intersection.

I notice some of these aptX low latency devices send and receive. How can you tell if the sender and receiver are both aptX low latency. It's a little confusing. I'd like use my Deus backphones.

beephead

Last edited:
I ordered one today too. going to see if it works with my Cups before I order some new ones.

You should NOT have to re Pair them at least I have never used a blue tooth device that you had to.

By the time you piece together cheap BT buds with the correct compression algorithm, (which I could NOT imagine wearing on an 8 hour hunt...), matching latency transmitter, adapters....You still have cheap earbuds and a transmitter battery that won't last a whole hunt for not much less. How long will those cheap transmitters last? My last one made it almost a year out in the dust and heat.:roll:

For the price, quality and run-times I found that the BT set-ups I had (yes, aptX low latencty as well), weren't worth the trouble over just getting the Garrett system.

Keep in mind I DESPISE cheap headphones of any kind be they for music or detecting. It doesn't really make sense to spend $1000 or more on a top notch machine then use generic terrible sounding store brand phones/buds, then have to charge them in the middle of the day or carry a battery pack around with you when you can use something comfortable that gives you a nice clean sound intended and tuned for the frequencies our machines output and get several days of hunting out of a charge.

I'm thoroughly convinced that guys walking around with one ear bud hanging around their neck are missing targets. Some of those little deepies just aren't coming through unless you're paying close attention, have no outside noise and a set of cans that can express those tiny differences in sound.

Spend the $120 or whatever on the Garrett Z-Lynk, plug in your Treasure-pros or Sunrays and be done with it.

Hope everyone hears those deep squeakers and HH!

I've been doing some research and I have found out that 4.2 is 250% faster than 4.1. Make sure that BOTH the transmitter AND receiver are 4.2.

beephead

I ordered a transmitter and a receiver, both are low latency to use with wired noise cancelling earbuds. Now I'm doing my research on earbuds.

I could just kick some of the advertisers where it hurts. Which is it? They talk out of both sides of their mouths in ONE sentence. lol

"100% COMFORTABLE FOR 4 HOURS WEARING sport earbuds noise cancelling isolating comes with 3 sizes ear tips, enjoy your music with stereo sound, comfortable for whole day wearing."

beephead

Back
Top Bottom