Need new relic detector

Jacob7z

Like the title says I'm looking for a new detector for hunting relics. I mostly target old logging camps, railroad grades, homesteads, etc. I've been using a fisher f2 for a few years and I like it but it's now time to upgrade. A price of under 1000 is ideal and because of the location of some of these spots I would really like it to be water resistant seeing as if I get caught out in the rain it can be a long walk back to the road.

Thanks!

Like the title says I'm looking for a new detector for hunting relics. I mostly target old logging camps, railroad grades, homesteads, etc. I've been using a fisher f2 for a few years and I like it but it's now time to upgrade. A price of under 1000 is ideal and because of the location of some of these spots I would really like it to be water resistant seeing as if I get caught out in the rain it can be a long walk back to the road.

Thanks!

F44 is water resistant.

MX Sport, Equinox, and the entire Garrett AT series are waterproof and submersible.

My friend hunts with an F19 and it is a very good detector for around $850 or so

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'll get that detector someday. I ran an F2 for years and loved it -- still do -- but I run an F5 now and it seems really smooth.

For relics and a machine under a grand? I'd think about the F70.

Dues, mx sport, garret at max or gold, minelab 3030 or equinox, theres tons of great relic machines out there. I rock the mx sport if you have questions

Dues, mx sport, garret at max or gold, minelab 3030 or equinox, theres tons of great relic machines out there. I rock the mx sport if you have questions

Yeah! The Deus and the 3030 are probably the Cadillacs in my book. That 3030 is a bad, bad boy.

new detectors

call Dennis at METALDETECTORS.COM for prices on your choice he discounts most of them. My choice would be a t2 se for relics also free kits and shipping

Deep techs are excellent relic detectors.

Deep too.
I have a warrior and can attest to the depth and separation.

what's your settings in relic mode?

When i do use relic I run sensitivity at 6 or 7 depending on what i can get away with, sat 4 or 5, locked tracking, 20 tone. But I mostly hunt in all metal mode, I Find it far superior to the programs in most of my hunting situations. Iron doesn't screw with you as much and its easily identified in all metal, as its easy to figure out where a big piece is and that its not giving you false reading off to the side. Also you can hear the whisper signals down deeeeeep. On those whispers you can crank the sens up to check them out and get a better idea if you want to dig or not. This machine runs hot and you don't need to run above 5 or 6 sensitivity to get GREAT depth

You can spend all the money you want to, but you'll be hard pressed to find a better detector for relic hunting than a Tesoro. Nothing that I've ever used discriminates better than a Tesoro and I've used a bunch of different detectors. Just set the discrimination high enough to reject iron and start digging.

beephead

You can spend all the money you want to, but you'll be hard pressed to find a better detector for relic hunting than a Tesoro. Nothing that I've ever used discriminates better than a Tesoro and I've used a bunch of different detectors. Just set the discrimination high enough to reject iron and start digging.

beephead

No offense, but My buddy uses a tesoro(compadre i think?) and I hunt circles around him. Pulling targets from the ground he has been over very carefully just minutes before. They are good machines, but there are many better ones out there. and its not that he just didn't dig those targets or missed them. I call him over and have him try it with his machine and it simply does not pick it up, or sounds like garbage.

No offense, but My buddy uses a tesoro(compadre i think?) and I hunt circles around him. Pulling targets from the ground he has been over very carefully just minutes before. They are good machines, but there are many better ones out there. and its not that he just didn't dig those targets or missed them. I call him over and have him try it with his machine and it simply does not pick it up, or sounds like garbage.

If you detect behind me with me swinging a Vaquero you'd see things differently. What detector are you using?

tabman

Last edited:
This video gets some people's panties in a wad. I even tried my Deus and it failed as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0LEt3n_DiY&t=147s

If anyone can get any of the detectors that I've tested to pass this test, post a video to prove it. I'd like to see a video of a Deus passing this test, if possible.

For coin shooting, especially cherry picking, the Deus, F75, and Omega are great, but they can't beat a Tesoro when it comes to relic hunting.

You'll have to back the video up to the beginning because for some reason it starts halfway into the video.

beephead

Last edited:
This video gets some people's panties in a wad. I even tried my Deus and it failed as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0LEt3n_DiY&t=147s

If anyone can get any of the detectors that I've tested to pass this test, post a video to prove it. I'd like to see a video of a Deus passing this test, if possible.

For coin shooting, especially cherry picking, the Deus, F75, and Omega are great, but they can't beat a Tesoro when it comes to relic hunting.

You'll have to back the video up to the beginning because for some reason it starts halfway into the video.

beephead

Cool I love tests, I'll check it out and see what my machine does! Love to be proven wrong as well, Maybe I can help my buddy get his adjusted with the right setup.

Edit: sorry I don't think that video proves anything(might be wrong here but humor me), your comparing cocentric coils vrs dd. If i throw a coenctric on my detector it will do the same. The dd would hit that target from the other direction or even on a 45. Problem is anything iron thats bigger than a nail with cocentric wont pick up well on something next to it, or below iron. I found a ww11 collar disk with a giant nail corroded right to the top of the thing. dd is the way to go for relic hunting in my experience. I'll test me detector later though and see if it magically does any better some how, but probably not. I hunt in machine gun iron sounds and spend 90 percent of my time in cellar holes and trash pits. I regularly pick on targets my buddies tesero can't, even playing with all the settings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom