2 firsts one big disappointment

Efreedma

So I hit a new permission this weekend where a house from the early 1800s once sat. First hit and first hole brings up a 1880 Indian head penny! That is first number 1. First number 2 and the big disappointment, first IHP is also the first find I have lost. Went into my finds bag after the hunt and the IHP was not in the place I put it! Needless to say I am kicking myself today. I am guessing I dropped it at the site, so it looks like when I go back I will be retracing my steps for a surface find lol. This ever happen to anyone else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yep, my latest lost keeper was a 1931D Merc I had found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I hit a new permission this weekend where a house from the early 1800s once sat. First hit and first hole brings up a 1880 Indian head penny! That is first number 1. First number 2 and the big disappointment, first IHP is also the first find I have lost. Went into my finds bag after the hunt and the IHP was not in the place I put it! Needless to say I am kicking myself today. I am guessing I dropped it at the site, so it looks like when I go back I will be retracing my steps for a surface find lol. This ever happen to anyone else?

In this hobby, you detect long enough, and stuff like this happens eventually.

My son lost a silver dime in his bag. Later we found a hole from the top pouch to the bottom pouch, we believe the dime was still in there, but when he dumped the bottom pouch, the dime was probably lodged WITHIN a piece of trash (rather than just loose).

Check your trash carefully!

I went through the trash I had collected 3 or 4 times hoping it would be there lol. I did find some other cool relics from this site though, but losing that Indian is just killing me.

I know a guy that has a metal detector. He would be willing to help you find your lost penny.
What's the address ?
:D

Why I keep a foam-lined double-sided Plano box (roughly 4x6) tethered to my pouch.

iu

I know a guy that has a metal detector. He would be willing to help you find your lost penny.
What's the address ?
:D
Lol I know a few detectors who would love to get on virgin 1800s ground:)

Back
Top Bottom