Teknetics Eurotek Pro or Tesoro Mojave?

bilder

Looking at all the fine machines available these days and am wondering what direction to go.

Which would you suggest?

Teknetics Eurotek Pro or Tesoro Mojave? Both can be had for about the same price.

Both are fairly simple, but the Teknetics is digital while the Tesoro is analog.

I am familiar with Tesoro, so I know what I would be getting, but all the rave reviews on the Teknetics machines make me wonder if that would be the way to go.

Anyone have any experience with both brands?

The Teknetics Eurotek Pro is now available as the Teknetics Minuteman for $199 using a $50 off coupon you should be able to get from any of their dealers. VG detector.

Nothing wrong with the ones mentioned here , but for not that much more money you could get the Teknetics Patriot ( advertised on Amazon for $399 shipped ...probably a little less if you talk to a dealer ) , which is based on the Fisher F70.....that's *almost* high end performance on a budget price.

The Liberator model is only $299 with coupon and it has a ground balance feature. Having the ability to adjust GB for under 300 bucks is an awesome selling point.

The Liberator model is only $299 with coupon and it has a ground balance feature. Having the ability to adjust GB for under 300 bucks is an awesome selling point.

But for the $100 more, you get 99 adjustable sensitivity settings instead of 11.You get a ground mineralization readout, frequency shift capability for hand held pin pointer compatibility, a boost mode and a better target pinpoint system. If you can go the extra money now, it will take you further for the money spent.

:?: We all have our opinions and mine is just the opposite of yours.

x3

Tesoros are pretty well built and they work quite nicely.
$300 will buy a great, used Tesoro (thinking Vaquero, Bandido II μMAX, Eldorado, Outlaw..), but there's nothing wrong with a new Mojave and the lifetime warranty.

I think most of the Teknetics models are around 2.5 lbs. The Fisher F22 & F44 can be used in the rain, use only 2 AA batteries. I think 2.3 lbs. Fisher F19 is only 2.5 lbs but pretty costly new. I have Garrett AT Pro & Makro Red Racer, both around 3 lbs. The Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro & B.H. Platinum are lightweight. Many of these are now on used market.

I insist that I get a good consistent ID on coins below 4" in my moderately mineralized ground. I like to buy used so I won't lose too much if I don't like it well enough to keep. I keep my budget under $500.

The Makro Red Racer gives my best air test, 14" on quarter in 2 tone with modulated audio, or 12" on quarter with full volume in 3 tone. The 4.5"x5" coil gives a weak response to a quarter to 10".

Precise weights of detectors should be on mfr's websites/

What are some of the lightest detectors apart from the deus?

I think most of the Teknetics models are around 2.5 lbs. The Fisher F22 & F44 can be used in the rain, use only 2 AA batteries. I think 2.3 lbs. Fisher F19 is only 2.5 lbs but pretty costly new. I have Garrett AT Pro & Makro Red Racer, both around 3 lbs. The Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro & B.H. Platinum are lightweight. Many of these are now on used market.

I insist that I get a good consistent ID on coins below 4" in my moderately mineralized ground. I like to buy used so I won't lose too much if I don't like it well enough to keep. I keep my budget under $500.

The Makro Red Racer gives my best air test, 14" on quarter in 2 tone with modulated audio, or 12" on quarter with full volume in 3 tone. The 4.5"x5" coil gives a weak response to a quarter to 10".

Precise weights of detectors should be on mfr's websites.

What are some of the lightest detectors apart from the deus?

I had a Bounty Hunter Bandido II u/Max. When I turned it to disc out pulltabs, 3" deep dimes gave a weak broken signal. Apparently these detectors are made for people who don't mind digging almost everything, or don't mind just getting recent drops. It seems someone should make a list for each Tesoro model about what % of depth is lost at pulltab rejection vs low discrimination. Are all of the current models better at high disc?

I had a Bounty Hunter Bandido II u/Max. When I turned it to disc out pulltabs, 3" deep dimes gave a weak broken signal. Apparently these detectors are made for people who don't mind digging almost everything, or don't mind just getting recent drops. It seems someone should make a list for each Tesoro model about what % of depth is lost at pulltab rejection vs low discrimination. Are all of the current models better at high disc?

Probably so.
I could easily get solid signals on dimes up to 5-6" in good soil with a Compadre, found them deeper than that with my Vaq.
In bad mineralized soil here in the SE. I am even going deeper than that with a Mojave.
On my first real hunt I got a nice signal on a merc that was at 5" and found other copper cents at least one inch deeper than that or maybe two inches.
I am actually shocked at the depth on this thing in my devil dirt.
The merc had great modulation, it sounded further away but still was solid with sharp ends on the tone even at max disc...a definite dig me signal.
I had a few hunts using max disc and went further than that 3" on many dimes and copper cents.
Not sure exactly how deep this thing will go around here because most of my targets average 4-6" but I will find out one day on a deeper one.

Must have been either defective or improperly ground balanced.
They shouldn't lose more than an inch+/- at max discrimination

Back
Top Bottom