F75 LTD2 or Etrac watcha think?

choppadude

Forum Supporter
I have been seriously looking at the new Fisher F75LTD2 and am almost committed to buying one but I am hearing that for not that much more I can get the new Etrac. I am mainly a coinshooter and all I hear is how good the Etrac is on sniffing out the deep silver.
I guess one of my biggest concerns is how much of a learning curve I am going to be facing. I don't want to spend half the season learning a new machine but know that I am going to have to invest some time in learning.
If it matters, I have run an AT Pro for the last couple years and have done very well. As a matter of fact I will always keep at least 1 AT Pro in my arsenal.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Choppa

I have the F75se with boost and now with DST, A Etrac, a V3i which is new to me, both the F75se , and Etrac are easy to use, here goes, If your going to relic hunt and coin shoot the F75, if your strictly a coin shooter go with the etrac, differences The F75 is a single freq machine set at 13 kHz, with Co id, the Etrac Multi Freq FE and Co Ids, like both but the better coin shooter is the etrac, better Id Etrac ,but slower recovery than the F75se, Both are good machines, if you can swing it get both, I will tell you I take the Etrac out the most, when I learn the V3i , that could change , as I like that machine to, happy hunting Earl

Well you know my opinion, but yeah if you're a coin hunter the E-trac is the way to go, coming from a guy that just bought one, and currently owns an Explorer (my 2nd one), as well as an F75. The F75 is awesome for relics, but the E-trac is what you'd want for a deep coin shooter in parks. The price difference is not much at all.

If you are keeping the ATP just get an Etrac. Fantastic combo. Etrac is heavier and slower but is the best coin sniffer. ATP equals a standard f75 in performance. IMO You gain 1-2" in boost and FA is great to seperate, but it's not much an edge over the ATP. ATP is a relic machine that is good at coins just like the F75. Etrac is pretty much intended for coins only. I don't think there is much of a learning curve at all. Auto GB, Auto sens +3, set your pattern, tones, and settings that you prefer and go. WARNING when you go back to using a machine that needs GB set you'll keep forgetting. lol

I haven't seen reports of anyone pulling silvers with the new F75 LTD, and probably won't because Fisher cut the nuts off of a damn good machine:lol:...but I know for a fact the original LTD can sniff out the deep ones just as easily as a E Trac can. See if a hunting buddy has a E Trac or a F75 you can try out...and look for a good deal on a used unit.

If you are keeping the ATP just get an Etrac. Fantastic combo. Etrac is heavier and slower but is the best coin sniffer. ATP equals a standard f75 in performance. IMO You gain 1-2" in boost and FA is great to seperate, but it's not much an edge over the ATP. ATP is a relic machine that is good at coins just like the F75. Etrac is pretty much intended for coins only. I don't think there is much of a learning curve at all. Auto GB, Auto sens +3, set your pattern, tones, and settings that you prefer and go. WARNING when you go back to using a machine that needs GB set you'll keep forgetting. lol

That is what another member tells me also. I can use the AT Pro to do water hunting and some woods/foundations and use the Etrac for the old parks and homes I like to coinshoot at.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

F75 LTD2 all metal was cut, but the disc is every bit as or more deeper. With almost no noise at all.

The Etrac hits harder and ID better at deep depths. Probably because it's really like a 4khz machine. I think all multi frequency is hoopla on it. It's very weak on low conductors. Which is great in the trash and iron for coins. One reason why the greek machines do so well.

I haven't seen reports of anyone pulling silvers with the new F75 LTD, and probably won't because Fisher cut the nuts off of a damn good machine:lol:...but I know for a fact the original LTD can sniff out the deep ones just as easily as a E Trac can. See if a hunting buddy has a E Trac or a F75 you can try out...and look for a good deal on a used unit.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone around here with either so I am going to have to rely on opinions from those who have walked my path.
I am hearing many raves about how the new DST practically eliminated the EMI on the fisher but you are right, I have not heard any stories of deep silver yet.
Thank you also for taking the time to respond.

Well you know my opinion, but yeah if you're a coin hunter the E-trac is the way to go, coming from a guy that just bought one, and currently owns an Explorer (my 2nd one), as well as an F75. The F75 is awesome for relics, but the E-trac is what you'd want for a deep coin shooter in parks. The price difference is not much at all.

Now if you would get out there and dig something nice with that new Etrac, my mind would be made up! LOL!

Captain ( Fisher didn't Cut the ---- off anything

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:,, Setting #90 is DST Mode, 91 is normal, they added features on to the machine, new technology including the old , don't get mad cause you down graded to the Omega 8000, which in my test's , What you claimed is as deep as the F75LTD :roll:, I only used the upgraded F75se with boost& DST 1 time since the upgrade, but don't cut the machine down , because you got rid of yours, than they come out with a Upgrade along with the old technology, now your POed , your loss, the same company owns Fisher , Teknetics & Bounty hunter , The Omega 8000 Is a MID GRADE machine, can't cut the mustard of the F75ltd , :lol: Smoke some more bro :roll:, as far as the Etrac you will never know, but next time I come up their to hunt, I will be pre-paired :yes:

Coil To Soil

I feel for you bro, it's like a kid that can't have any candy out of the Easter basket till Easter bro, :(, your going to like it, but your swing speed will slow down, recovery is much slower than your Single F75 and 3 freq V3i, so just remember that , it's a multi freq machine, but a good one, Earl

I feel for you bro, it's like a kid that can't have any candy out of the Easter basket till Easter bro, :(, your going to like it, but your swing speed will slow down, recovery is much slower than your Single F75 and 3 freq V3i, so just remember that , it's a multi freq machine, but a good one, Earl

Haha yeah I know, it's a partial Christmas gift, so I was able finally able to get the extra money I needed to finally buy one, but with the stipulation that it not be used until Christmas. The slow swing is another reason why I held off on getting one, I'm use to a quicker pace, but since it will mainly be a park machine, I guess I can try to slow it down, and pull out the old F75 and V3i when I need to pick up the pace. :D

Get the etrac!!! If your a coin shooter like me it's a no brainier! The etrac is not hard to learn at all

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe

Get the etrac!!! If your a coin shooter like me it's a no brainier! The etrac is not hard to learn at all

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe

You're right I just got my E-trac in the mail today, these things are simple to learn, it's pretty much turn on and go, especially with the preset disc patterns.

Back
Top Bottom