What is a good price on used XTerra 305?

abbynormal

Elite Member
I am a Garrett AT Pro user and not planning on buying any other machines, but a friend of mine asked me if this item she was on Craigslist was a good buy or not - XTerra 305 at $375 OBO.
I have no clue. She also wanted to know if it would go as deep as my AT Pro.

Can anyone here give any basic advice I can pass on? She doesn't have a great internet connection due to living in the middle of nowhere, so I said I'd ask for her.

Thanks!

Not a good buy IMO----you can buy the xterra 305 new for around 400 bucks---

You can buy a new one for $399.

As far as depth or performance I really don't know. It is minelabs entry level machine if that tells you anything.

Never used Minelab, but thanks for the info. I did look online for a new one, but I guess I did not look hard enough. Was seeing prices for newer models but not that one.
Thanks guys!!

I think I will keep an eye out for my friend to get her something better at a lesser price. She has been using my old Ace 350 when I go out with the AT Pro. I didn't want to sell the 350 as my nieces also use it, as well as other friends, so I like to keep it as a "guest" detector.

I bought my 705 used with 1 year of warranty remaining for S450 shipped. So for 75 - 100 dollars more you could get a good, used, top of the line 705 which could easily keep up with the at pro and then some. Plus you get the ability to hunt in 3 different frequencies with just the change of the coil.:yes:

I have owned 3 - 305's. 1st one bought new from Chuck at Indian Nations. Call and you'll get a stupid low price. Then I bought two used ones. One for 195 and the other 225. These are excellent machines with all the features you really need to do just about any kind of hunting. **********************
Ground balance
Noise cancel
VOLUME CONTROL
threshold
tone ID choices
able to run at 3 different frequencies depending on the coil
Most of these features are found on a lot higher priced units.
If only it was waterproof!!!!

I have owned 3 - 305's. 1st one bought new from Chuck at Indian Nations. Call and you'll get a stupid low price. Then I bought two used ones. One for 195 and the other 225. These are excellent machines with all the features you really need to do just about any kind of hunting.

my only problem with the xterras is the horrible vdi scale and depth indicator if minelab fixed that and made them feel a little less like low grade machines id be all over them.

my only problem with the xterras is the horrible vdi scale and depth indicator if minelab fixed that and made them feel a little less like low grade machines id be all over them.

You really have to think of it as a 12 notch machine. I do agree that all Xterra's should have a VID or TID that is in 1 number increments. But I still think the 305 has a huge bang for the buck.

You really have to think of it as a 12 notch machine. I do agree that all Xterra's should have a VID or TID that is in 1 number increments. But I still think the 305 has a huge bang for the buck.

it was my first machine had it about idk 4 months and found tons of coins with it. i havent been out detecting in 3 months because im looking to get a new machine before i go out again.

I
Ground balance
Noise cancel
VOLUME CONTROL
threshold
tone ID choices
able to run at 3 different frequencies depending on the coil
Most of these features are found on a lot higher priced units.
If only it was waterproof!!!!
Actually, they can only run choice of two frequencies. Either 18.75kHz or 7.5kHz. You need to step up to a 505 or 705 to be able to run 3kHz.

I am a Garrett AT Pro user and not planning on buying any other machines, but a friend of mine asked me if this item she was on Craigslist was a good buy or not - XTerra 305 at $375 OBO.
I have no clue. She also wanted to know if it would go as deep as my AT Pro.

Can anyone here give any basic advice I can pass on? She doesn't have a great internet connection due to living in the middle of nowhere, so I said I'd ask for her.

Thanks!

Sending pm

:roll:I only use the TID as a last resort. As far as depth indicator goes, the Xterra tones can tell you approximate depth by how loud the signal is.The tones on the X-terra are like music to my ears.
You say "feel a little less like low grade machines"; I say lightweight.:yes:

Sent my ATP back for maintenance and missed it so much I went eBay looking for a second. Instead I found a great deal on a 705 for $400 including shipping. It was a Christmas gift from the seller to his dad. They assembled it and stuck it in the closet for 2 years until dad died. Son wanted to move it and Igot a great deal.
Also got a second ATP a few months ago on Craigslist for not much. Used but well maintained, it shows there are great values if you look for them.
Anytime someone asks me about a starter machine I try to discourage them from jumping too high on the quality list and to stay (initially) with a starter machine. Otherwise, I tell them, I'll be happy to pay $.20 on the dollar for their used gear.

How about an Xterra 305, looks like the whole package from Kellyco with the headphones, pinpointer, etc.. Bought less than a year ago, used less than 5 times. The guy is asking $250........ Good deal?

How about an Xterra 305, looks like the whole package from Kellyco with the headphones, pinpointer, etc.. Bought less than a year ago, used less than 5 times. The guy is asking $250........ Good deal?
It's an OK deal. It still has warranty to transfer.

its a good machine but not for 375 if i was your friend I would offer 300 because I got my 705 for $520 and that was brand new

Back
Top Bottom