ML-2900 Lithium battery for Etrac

bskerj

I just bought a ML 2900 from a member here and it is a amazing battery. I used it almost 8 hours and it still has a full charged...my question is , has anyone noticed a performance improvement. I read somewhere that the battery enhances the unit. It seems to me it does just because of the silver I have been finding the last few hunts.

The battery can not do anything to improve detector performance.

If you are using it on an e-trac, I got a full 20 hours on mine before it dropped below full. I get 30 hours before it dies if I take it all the way to the max.

Single best investment made. is the RNB Battery

Your finding out first hand that this battery is amazing !!!! The RNB will last for a good 30 to 40 hours of inuse hunting and seems to last forever in storage mode and then ready to hunt. It may seem like it pulls more out of the ground because your not running out of power,but thats only the real difference. Happy hunting for along time !:lol:

I just bought a ML 2900 from a member here and it is a amazing battery. I used it almost 8 hours and it still has a full charged...my question is , has anyone noticed a performance improvement. I read somewhere that the battery enhances the unit. It seems to me it does just because of the silver I have been finding the last few hunts.

Did it come with any warnings such as over discharging? I used to fly electric RC helicopters and because of their size, weight, & capacity, lithium ion was the only way to go. They had two problems, discharging below a certain level (just one time) would ruin them and exploding during an improper charging cycle. I never had it happen but we had explosion proof bags that we put them in during charging for safety even though we had special chargers. The technology has probably advanced a lot and it might not be an issue any longer. I think I'll ask RnB anyway. I'll post what they tell me.
David

RNB has NO old issues

NOT that way any more ! The RNB shuts down before total discharge so the battery is protected from the old ways. Also no explosions in mid-air that I ever heard of. However,if in your model plane would look cool, like a real dog fight !!:laughing:

NOT that way any more ! The RNB shuts down before total discharge so the battery is protected from the old ways. Also no explosions in mid-air that I ever heard of. However,if in your model plane would look cool, like a real dog fight !!:laughing:

Here's a few current articles about the use of LiPo batteries for interesting reading.

http://www.batteryspace.com/warningsforusingbatteries.aspx

http://www.giodrone.com/GioDroneT/lipo-battery-warnings/6--lipo-battery-warnings.html

here's my very prompt response from RnB

"Hi David,
With our Li-ion Batt packs their is no need in taking special precautions!
The batt packs have are pcb board built into each pack to keep it from discharging below the threasehold of no return!
So you can use our batt pack until it goes dead and safely re-charge it with no problems..
Because it has no memory you can top it off anytime you want.
It also retains 97% of its charge over a 12 month period....So you don't have to charge it before you go hunting everytime.
With your machine you will be able to get 30+ with the ML-2900
I hope this helps..

Best Regards
Joe---RNB Innovations"

That's right from the horses mouth and good to know! I still would have like to see your model plane or helecoptor explode like In a dog fight.:laughing:

Has anyone seen the inside of the ML-2900 battery pack?
I'm curious about what type/brand of battery they use.

Could I just buy similar Li ion batteries of my own and load them in my AA pack?

Has anyone seen the inside of the ML-2900 battery pack?
I'm curious about what type/brand of battery they use.

Could I just buy similar Li ion batteries of my own and load them in my AA pack?

Yes, they sell AA 2800 Lithium rechargeable batteries. 8 pieces would start at ~$75 and up depending on the brand. Also require a "special" charger.

Jeff

I carry my etrac with me all the time. I may use it 3 times a week or I might use it 1 time in 3 weeks. I was always having to make sure that stupid battery was charged all the time. I was so tired of stopping at a good site only to find my battery on 1 bar of power. So I bought the 3100 RNB battery. Now my machine can sit for a month and still have 4 bars of power. I can get a ton of detecting done and it's still on full charge. I've had my battery for at least 3 months and charged it 2 times. I didn't even have to do that but I got a little scared!!! LOL. Also I swear my etrac runs more stable. I used to have only 1 site where I could run manual power of 30. Now I can run full power about everywhere. I know the power is regulated but I think the etrac likes a full 12 volts not 9.6........

I carry my etrac with me all the time. I may use it 3 times a week or I might use it 1 time in 3 weeks. I was always having to make sure that stupid battery was charged all the time. I was so tired of stopping at a good site only to find my battery on 1 bar of power. So I bought the 3100 RNB battery. Now my machine can sit for a month and still have 4 bars of power. I can get a ton of detecting done and it's still on full charge. I've had my battery for at least 3 months and charged it 2 times. I didn't even have to do that but I got a little scared!!! LOL. Also I swear my etrac runs more stable. I used to have only 1 site where I could run manual power of 30. Now I can run full power about everywhere. I know the power is regulated but I think the etrac likes a full 12 volts not 9.6........

May the force be with you !!!! They are truely incredible .... I know.

Doing it this way will exceed the maximum voltage and cause it to shut down and maybe damage it as well.

I've been running eight 1.6 VDC 2800mah NIZN rechargeable batteries in my Explorer for about 3 years now. No issues with the higher voltage.

Jeff

hi i know this is an old thread. i purchased a used one that doesnt include the charger...my question is. can i use my ML charger that goes with my slimpack (NiMH charger)? thanks

Back
Top Bottom