Thickness of the Lesche?

Ohio Digger

Elite Member
How thick is the Lesche blade? I have a friend that gave me a nice digger, extremely sturdy. But the blade is kind of thick and makes it tough to get into the ground, especially when it's dry. I'm still using my Fiskars (or something that looks like it - mine has a blue handle). It's very easy to get into the ground but you have to be careful prying.

i could take the micrometer to mine but trust me, it's THICK and won't break. i took mine to the grinding wheel (lightly...) and sharpened the non-serrated edge and gave it a slightly more prominent/sharp point.

it's a beast! :D

Metal is about 2.85mm thick at the guard, same on the blade center. Blade is about 48.05mm wide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spend the money. Get a Lesche I use mine to pry out stuff all the time It has NEVER gave a hint of bending. Well worth the money.

Metal is about 2.85mm thick at the guard, same on the blade center. Blade is about 48.05mm wide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7/64" that's a good thickness. The blade on the digger my friend gave me is probably thicker than that. That's why it's so hard to get in the ground.

I heard someone got the Garret one and it bent a little for him on the first day. He said he had a Lesche and it never bent on him yet after years usage. There is a reason why people like Pro Pointers and Lesche Blades around here. They are built to last.

Back
Top Bottom