Arm Straps

soughtseven1035

Forum Supporter
I know my old White's machine had an arm strap included with it. I just got the Delta 4000 and I saw the arm strap costs like $40. What a rip. I think it could help keep my arm in the detector, but wouldn't it get annoying to take off every time a dig is found?

I quit using my arm strap after the first ten minutes, a couple days later I took it off the detector. One year later, I have never missed it since...

<*)))>{

I ordered replacements from whites online which have worked on my minelab and garrett detectors. Cant remember the cost but it was either free or like $2.
You might check there. I know a lot of guys dontvlikevthem, but i seem to getvless grip fatigue with them.

QUOTE=soughtseven1035;1750330]I know my old White's machine had an arm strap included with it. I just got the Delta 4000 and I saw the arm strap costs like $40. What a rip. I think it could help keep my arm in the detector, but wouldn't it get annoying to take off every time a dig is found?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps make a strap from an old belt, just to go across with enough room for you to slide your arm in & out. Or perhaps use an ace bandage.

I use them, but never tighten them. My arm slips in and out easily.

Perhaps make a strap from an old belt, just to go across with enough room for you to slide your arm in & out. Or perhaps use an ace bandage.
I was thinking about the ace bandage. The belt is a nice idea though, I have lots of those that could work. Thanks! I think it would be nice to have a little support there, as long as I can get in and out.

I was thinking about the ace bandage. The belt is a nice idea though, I have lots of those that could work. Thanks! I think it would be nice to have a little support there, as long as I can get in and out.

I agree. It takes some of the strain off your arm to keep it locked in. Sometimes my elbow / arm gets pretty sore that I'm almost tempted to try out one of those arm slings.

I like arm straps for my beach detectors. Of course I'm not taking my arm out of the strap to dig either. Most of the time on my dirt detectors I just put my arm on top of the strap and push it down into the cup. It's there if I want it. But I very seldom use it. It would take a long day of detecting to make me use it.

For a comfortable arm strap try this.....

Get yourself a one inch or wider soft velcro stretch band long enough to make two crossings across the cuff works great ! You get plenty of suport and it is very easy to slide your hand and arm in and out of. This beats the heck out of the stock nylon (non-stretch) straps. :yes:

Velcro arm straps.....

Yes it is,however I would suggest you go to a sporting goods store in the camping dept. before you send away to Hong Kong. Any back packing store sells these.:D Check it out !

I never used arm straps, but with a heavy machine I believe it is worth using

27 inch straps is mighty loooong . I would have opt for the shorter 18 inch if not smaller, your only going across the cuff twice unless you have forearms like Popeye the sailor. Also most hardware stores carry these stretch velcro straps, Good luck !:grin:

Back
Top Bottom