Finally got some more silver

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
It's been a while since I've dug any silver so the 3rd yard hunted today was nice.

My 6 year old and I went out this morning and got permission at 2 early 1900's yards next to each other. All I ended up digging was memorials [emoji52]

Fast forward to early afternoon when my 3 year old and I got another old permission.
It started out slow only digging a 1926 wheat in the front yard and than finally a 1924-D Merc.
I was getting kind of frustrated since I've been spoiled by all the old wheats and Indianheads I've been digging lately.
We went to the backyard. Dug a couple later wheats and than a 46-D Rosie. Shortly after that I dug a shallow 1901 IH with a very crusty backside.
I ended off the hunt digging that small Sterling thing.....not too sure what it was though.

Ended up being a very good turnout compared to those two yards this morning.
8f8fcb16e44c8652c8111bc0fd974ae4.jpg
d7703c792a8e8ecd4b689df1e450037f.jpg
290997870b429e1ee641567995dbba67.jpg
0b234d5d8f0956181a178167605e5e3f.jpg
268c6b1f1b4f9a11484930f984066d4b.jpg
f9d77386e7e40e5fee0f030c017594e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Way to go on all the silver! I may have to rent me a cute little kid to take with me to get permissions. lol

beephead

Way to go on all the silver! I may have to rent me a cute little kid to take with me to get permissions. lol

beephead
Thanks beep! The cute little kid approach definitely works.... I've only gotten a half No so far.[emoji6]

Another good hunt, Tundra! Love the rim shot! It’s been a looonnggg time since I’ve gotten any silver dimes - I gotta round up the kids and get to door knockin’ :lol: That Indian looks great on the front side...I guess we know which side was facing up for the last century or so, eating all the fertilizer :(

The silver thingy looks like either a tie tack or lapel pin. My first impression is that it could be some sort of stylized “all seeing eye” Masonic symbol, but really just a gut reaction.

Another good hunt, Tundra! Love the rim shot! It’s been a looonnggg time since I’ve gotten any silver dimes - I gotta round up the kids and get to door knockin’ [emoji38] That Indian looks great on the front side...I guess we know which side was facing up for the last century or so, eating all the fertilizer :(

The silver thingy looks like either a tie tack or lapel pin. My first impression is that it could be some sort of stylized “all seeing eye” Masonic symbol, but really just a gut reaction.
Thanks Airmet! I don't have as much luck without the kids and they like to come with so I bring them with when I'm in town, that, and I really don't like getting that dreaded No response. My little nephew wants to come with too but he's not as cute as my girls so we'll have to see how that turns out [emoji38]

Congrats on the pair of nice silver "D" dimes. It is usually extra special seeing those mint marks.
Thanks JAK! Most everything I find in the way of silver is from Denver..... I'll take them though!

Congrats on the silver!!!
Thanks land! It was good to add a couple more to the yearly total. I'm trying to hit 50 but silver have been pretty few and far between so I don't know if I'll make it.....can't complain though.

Congrats Tundra on a day with the girls and the Silver success. The Sterling looks like a small pin or brooch. Nice to get on Silver Coin again and still dig yourself another Indian. Trapper

Really nice hunt! I agree, the sterling piece could be part of a pin. Another thought, could be half of a cuff link. Congrats on some great hunting & finds!

Back
Top Bottom