Finally got out for awhile today

pan4au

Elite Member
I got a hunt in today for a couple of hours or so until game called for pain..Wasn't expecting too much.. mainly exercise and to see how neck and arm would hold up. found a 41 Merc and an Enfield, a flat button and a few not id'd. plus the clad and ¢ that I haven't counted yet

Attachments

• 3 17 18 hunt.jpg
    3 17 18 hunt.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 3 17 18 hunt.4.jpg
    3 17 18 hunt.4.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 180
  • 3 17 18 hunt.2.jpg
    3 17 18 hunt.2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 3 17 18 hunt.3.jpg
    3 17 18 hunt.3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 3 17 18 hunt.6.jpg
    3 17 18 hunt.6.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Congrats on your Merc and other cool finds. Our winter just won't quit up here. Temp was maybe 40 today, and it always rains or snows on my day off...smiles.

No hunting to speak of for me so far this year. I'd like to have an Equinox 800, but who knows how long before I can use it.....so no hurry at this point.:no:

HDD

Very diverse collection. Is that a boot heel ? My guess is you have some kind of carry hook, but I haven't been able to find another just like it.

Congrats on your Merc and other cool finds. Our winter just won't quit up here. Temp was maybe 40 today, and it always rains or snows on my day off...smiles.

No hunting to speak of for me so far this year. I'd like to have an Equinox 800, but who knows how long before I can use it.....so no hurry at this point.:no:

HDD

I'm waiting on my 800 also. I'm still having a lot of pain and aem weakness from my Jan. surgery.. went out today hoping that swinging the Etrac would help on my recovery

Very diverse collection. Is that a boot heel ? My guess is you have some kind of carry hook, but I haven't been able to find another just like it.
Not sure.. I thought of a boot heel first.. but something didn't look right to me.. not sure about the other either.. maybe some kind of lashing buckle

Would have made my day !!!
It did make my day.. I just went out to see if I could do a little swinging.. silver and brass.. just needed some gold to top it off... maybe next time..

Congrats on getting out and making some finds! I haven't been since December, unusually cold (below freezing) winter, and had 12" of rain over the course of last week.

I'm waiting on my 800 also. I'm still having a lot of pain and aem weakness from my Jan. surgery.. went out today hoping that swinging the Etrac would help on my recovery

Glad to hear you got out- 'specially swinging the Etrac... hopefully your 800 will be lighter enough that you can extend your hunts as you recover completely. I was a little surprised how much of a difference it made switching from the AT Pro to the Etrac - i tore my rotator cuff years ago and never noticed it until i started using a heavier detector!

Great hunt! That hook thing is a civil war era pack strap or knapsack hook. At least that's what I've been told, as I've found a few of those on a civil war battle and camp site. Google 'knapsack hook' and you'll find some pictures of some things a lot like it.

That possibly might be the back cover off a small lock, enlarge photo and on the left edge especially you can see a couple small circles where the rivets are holding it together. Backside has that larger round hole such as yours.
800a3aa9ea966a38c95a83653e7e4c68.jpg

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I've noticed that just repetitive motion even with a lightweight detector can cause deep tissue pain in the upper arm below the rotator cup. Annoying and slow to heal.

I'm trying to become ambidextrous and swing with either arm.

I'm right handed but started swinging with my left many years ago. My left arm is very weak now. I started off using my left arm to help strengthen it and would have to change to my right when left gets fatigued. I'm having a lot of neck pain and it transitions to my Trapezius Muscle

Back
Top Bottom