My best find ever

Simply awesome. Of course with that hole in it you wonder if it was lost in the 1800's or if someone was wearing it more recently as jewelry and dropped it. It doesn't matter obviously because it's a seated friggin' dollar and nobody ever finds those! Congrats!

Just curious....how deep was it?

Just remember, it's only your best find ever, till the next best find ever comes along.

There are several coins that I still have yet to find on my list and the list always changes. That is one of my favorite things about this hobby.

That is a truly amazing find !! Congrats on the rare find. I would definitely have to get a necklace to hang that baby from.

Didn't they use the holes in these old coins so they could sew them into their clothing in case they were robbed?

Fantastic. I was wondering when someone would finally post a seated dollar. I've seen all the others, dug a seated half myself and a dime.

If I dug that, it would certainly be my best/favorite find ever.

Well done.

wow wow wow! I just found my first seated half last tuesday and then to see a dollar. I would have needed new underwear after that find lol! If I could have voted banner I would cause you never see seated dollars posted congrats on being the first. At least from what I've seen.

Congratulations! :cool:

Congratulations, that thing is huge!!
Just imagine somebody drilling a hole in it, and putting it on a chain or something, thinking "I will never lose it now":lol::laughing:

I thought the same! :yes:

So much for safe keeping! :shock:

Personally, I'd still love to dig a coin like that.

So many of us will never see one in the hole!

Now that is a rare coin find!! :shock:
First one I've seen posted on any forum! I was beginning to think they didn't exist. :D

Awesome find!

HH,
Raphis
Dan

Back
Top Bottom