New and this evening's finds.

joedirt

First post from a lurker - just got my new Ace 250!

I followed the directions on assembly and use after reading the manual and immediately set some items out in the backyard to try to learn the machine better.

This evening I was feeling a little more confident and headed across the street to the school yard, I found the following items within about 15 minutes in loose sand as the manual recommended sand as a good starting point for learning pinpointing with the machine.

Nothing valuable by anymeans, but a gaming token on the right got me by suprise! Absent are a couple rusty nails and a few small pcs. of tin foil that are now in the trash can.

img00620pm.jpg

Looking forward to tomorrow morning anxiously! Very fun stuff!

Welcome joedirt.

Looks like you've got the right idea. Once you're comfortable you just do what you're doing at a place where the odds of finding older stuff is better.

Welcome to the forum Joe... If you're finding nickels gold shouldn't be that far behind :)

Welcome to the forum!

From your finds is looks as though you'll be learning those signals pretty fast. It appears you've got the "round" sound down!

HH!

The large washer in the pic about broke my eardrums! :lol:

Day 2, awaiting sunup ;)

Welcome Joe, glad to have you on board with us. You got a real good machine, and I'm quite sure it will be bringing a lot of good stuff to the surface for you. GL&HH

well a few crusties for an hours worth of fun this morning (I work really cheap!)

img00639gz.jpg

and I only managed 2 trash items this go around, but some "unfound" items, the soil in some places below the gravel was pretty hard.

That's a pretty good start Joe, and it's a lot more coins than I found my first few trips out. Good job! Be patien, and the good finds will come!

You would be suprised at how many people get dicouraged by not reading the manual. You're off to a good start and the Ace is a darn good detector. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom