Relatively new to the hobby, Mxt or At pro or any other suggestions?

Coinhunter88

Im pretty new to the hobby, i collect us coins and currency. So i was talking about getting a metal detector, but wanted a higher end machine because i hate having to upgrade things or be turned off by something because of quality. So for Christmas my parents got me a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2. Im glad i got it because it would of been a while until i bought a nicer machine and it suprised me how fast i got into this hobby and how much i enjoyed it. I go out every time i get a chance, but now im starting to outgrow this machine. It doesnt have a pinpoint option so its hard to not dig big holes. So anyways, i was stuck on a Whites M6 but then decided i might do some relic hunting since im from Philadelphia PA and theres alot of history around here. So then i made up my mind on a mxt or mxt pro. Then i started reading up on the At pro after getting my Garret propointer which i absolutely love. My family has a place down the beach in NJ, and me and my friends go tubing on a river near where a battle during the revolutionary war took place so i like the fact that the at pro is somewhat waterproof. I know there has been tons of threads on this, but i dont want to buy the at pro and wish i would of went with whites. I could always buy a fully waterproof machine down the road. Im just looking for suggestions from you guys with years of experience because i dont really have any dealers around here, only for whites. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Both are great units in their price range and have several great features. They both operate on about the same frequency also so good coin and relic machines. They both have a good selection of coils and customer service.
If you go with the MXT try for the one with the 950 coil and not the MXT PRO
with the 12" coil as it's just too big for operating in trash. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom