This one hit a few branches one the way down.....

Snapolson

Elite Member
....from the UGLY tree!!!! :shock: :lol: Man, this former quarter took a beating. I'm not sure how it got this way but I'd say it still counts.

I got out yesterday for a while and this was the only keeper. My hunting buddy did way better. He found an 1829 capped bust dime!!

This thing rang up as a nickel for some reason. When it popped out I thought it was just a piece of junk metal but then I saw the eagle and I knew it was a standing liberty quarter. Funny thing is I was actually able to see the date, a 1924. Cool!

Thanks for looking and happy hunting! ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

never knew silver would disintegrate in the ground like that ..... I found a SLQ in good shape but it had no date ..... I never cease to be amazed at this hobby this thing you got still has a date :shock: :wow:

I do believe that is a counterfeit SLQ. Looks to be silver plated steel actually. That would also explain the low reading. Even tiny silver coins like half dimes still ring higher (zinc penny to copper penny range). I'd rather find a cool counterfeit like that then a regular SLQ, more rare in my book.

I once knew a girl that fell from the ugly tree and smacked every branch on the way down. I could tell you about her but that would be digressing.

That is a very unusual find and worth hanging on to.

Back
Top Bottom