Heading to NC in a few weeks. Any tips?

pryan67

Forum Supporter
So I'm going to Wrightsville Beach, NC in a few weeks.

When I walk out of the hotel, I'm on the beach. Any tips? I've only detected the beaches once (in CA, with my AT Pro)

I have an Equinox 800...and my son and daughter will be using my AT Pro and F2 on the dry sand.

I'm REALLY hoping for my first gold...

Maybe this advice may help as I got it before I drove down there once:
Don't stop anywhere before Wilmington as it's bad before it and everybody carries down there.
The area outside of Wilmington has been on Cops many times so that tells you something!

GLHH!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

thanks all. We'll probably stay on the beach in front of the hotel for the most part. No real reason to go anywhere else from a family perspective...but from a detecting perspective, I'd be willing to travel a little :)

I'm looking forward to my first "full time" beach hunt and getting into the water a bit

What hotel? I live in Wilm. My advice would be to go out after dinner time. There are guys that cover those hotels at 4am every morning.

What hotel? I live in Wilm. My advice would be to go out after dinner time. There are guys that cover those hotels at 4am every morning.

We're staying at the Shell Island Resort. Hopefully it will be nice...never been there before.

I was planning on hitting the beaches in the evenings...don't want to get up early LOL.

We're staying at the Shell Island Resort. Hopefully it will be nice...never been there before.

I was planning on hitting the beaches in the evenings...don't want to get up early LOL.

You will have a blast! That a very nice part of the beach with very little crowds so you won't have to deal with lots of tourists. Not a bad place to dig either, especially if you walk a little south because the heavy hitters are at the more popular spots (ie holiday inn resort) so your chances of finding something good are probably higher. And I think you would prob be just fine heading out in the mornings too, when you first said hotel I assumed hol inn or blockade runner, which are the two most popular ones. Shell island is actually more of a condo association (though looks and feels like a hotel to the guests), so each room is owned by someone who rents it out. Kinda a cool place because of that.

Watch

Out for shark's, waist deep water, use a big coil , gold ship wreck coin's were reported found last year, hunt the low tides' , good luck, Earl

You will have a blast! That a very nice part of the beach with very little crowds so you won't have to deal with lots of tourists. Not a bad place to dig either, especially if you walk a little south because the heavy hitters are at the more popular spots (ie holiday inn resort) so your chances of finding something good are probably higher. And I think you would prob be just fine heading out in the mornings too, when you first said hotel I assumed hol inn or blockade runner, which are the two most popular ones. Shell island is actually more of a condo association (though looks and feels like a hotel to the guests), so each room is owned by someone who rents it out. Kinda a cool place because of that.

Really? It looked to be just a hotel to me....we booked through the main site...

Out for shark's, waist deep water, use a big coil , gold ship wreck coin's were reported found last year, hunt the low tides' , good luck, Earl

That would be AWESOME....a gold coin would be amazing to find (heck, I haven't even found a gold ring or a pendant yet... shipwreck coin would be incredible)

That would be AWESOME....a gold coin would be amazing to find (heck, I haven't even found a gold ring or a pendant yet... shipwreck coin would be incredible)

I REALLY hope that I find TWO shipwreck gold coins...so I can sell one to pay for my detectors LOL. If I find one there's no chance I could sell it (well, depends on the price :) )

I REALLY hope that I find TWO shipwreck gold coins...so I can sell one to pay for my detectors LOL. If I find one there's no chance I could sell it (well, depends on the price :) )

I hope you find some gold, coins or jewelry. Don't forget to post your finds. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom