Tesoro Compadre

shen13

Just bought a Compadre with 8'' coil..
Been doing alot of reading on using this model.. I know its a simple
model but heard good things about it...
its light weight and has good clean crisp sounds..
Just like to hear someones opinion on using it...
Do you set dic. and run it or do some thumb the dial?
I been trying it both ways....

Just bought a Comprede with 8'' coil..
Been doing alot of reading on using this model.. I know its a simple
model but heard good things about it...
its light weight and has good clean crisp sounds..
Just like to hear someones opinion on using it...
Do you set dic. and run it or do some thumb the dial?
I been trying it both ways....
Great little detectors, I always set the dial between the I and the R in the word iron and dug everything that beeped.

It is an awesome and underrated machine, the discrimination is second to none. I own 2 and will never part with them. I have found 13 gold rings with it in a 6 month period last year by running it at approximately the "I" in Iron and digging all repeatable signals. I don't "thumb" or even try to guess my targets, to me it is time consuming and redundant. I feel people tend to "over think" if they should dig or not, while they could have efficiently dug the target recovered it, filled the plug and moved on to the next. I have had and sold off all of my Target ID machines for that exact reason, too much chance for missing good targets.

The Compadre is simple and easy to use not to mention the biggest factor of metal detecting, "Having Fun" you will not regret this purchase, I guarantee it.

The only reason I haven't found more rings with it lately is I have been ill and recently got a Vaquero, some my other machines are being neglected currently :)

Tesero

Only thing is the detector dont like the Garrett Pointer...
constant chatter when the pointer is cut on.IS there a way around
this?Or do I just cut the detector off every time..

@shen13 I haven't ever had a problem with the propointer and the Compadres, must be something wrong with yours or just EMI from surroundings. I turn my PP off when not in use also, but even when on I experience no interference.

Unless someone opened yours up and turned up the sensitivity perhaps, I think it is an uncommon occurrence.

I've quite a few Compadres (don't ask how many!) of both the 5.75" and 8" types, and haven't experienced any ProPointer / Compadre issues. I do slant the Compadre off at an approx 45 degree angle from my 'dig'...no cross talk.

I think the are all ~12khz. when they are actually within .1khz there is cross talk. Every crystal oscillator is slightly different on the detector and pinpointer so sometimes they do match up and cause issues. The lowest frequencies on the T2 can do this too. Unfortunately there is no way to avoid by switching frequencies like higher end detectors. I'm curious to see if my new TRX give my compadre fits.

Only thing is the detector dont like the Garrett Pointer...
constant chatter when the pointer is cut on.IS there a way around
this?Or do I just cut the detector off every time..

I have no issues with my PP and my Compadre.
Even if I did I only turn the PP on and off as I need it, maybe hundreds of times on a long hunt so it is a non issue.

One thing I love about the analog Tesoros, is their resistance to EMI. Unless the pinpointer is right next to the coil, I never had a problem.

The Compadre is an awesome unit. Got one showing up tomorrow and I plan, for fun, to relic hunt with it! This will be about my 3rd or 4th one and I kick myself every time I sell one! It'll be an 8" model.

Just because I never see someone relic hunt for CW relics with a Compadre, I thought it's more than capable to find some. It's what I found my first Enfield with and many more in that first year detecting!

Looking forward to posting some Compadre finds soon in the relic section!

You have a more than capable machine there! Just don't make the mistake of ever getting rid of one because you'll just end up buying another!

compadre

thanks guys..
actually I bought the detector for my wife..I bought her the f2 and
she didnt like it...said it gave too many false signals..So I bought her a sniper coil for the f2...nope she dont like that either,,So I said OK...
I know what to do..We have a HF cheapy...she used it, (found lots with it) So I knew then
the Compadre was for her,,,She had the day off today and I called her after lunch,,,out detecting she said,,,I like the compadre so much I want one for myself...I use the ATP but something about the Tesero's its hard to just not grab them and take off hunting..
Again thanks for the replys...I will look into the pro pointer issue,,,
maybe I had the coil pointing towards me when digging,I was having so much fun I forgot...
I am waiting on there new detectors to come out.curious of what they may be

Great little detectors, I always set the dial between the I and the R in the word iron and dug everything that beeped.

Honestly SkiWhiz - if they cannot spell 'Compadre' correctly - I think letters referring to settings may be a bit much on this occassion :lol::laughing::lol:

But you must remember Digger, you have a special Compadre ;).

Very special!
You might want to let people know about your special blessing powers.
Might help you sell way more detectors...like lottery sellers that sell more winners than others so more people go there because of that.

My Compadre is just too good and finds more than should be allowed by law.
The fact that you had it before me had to factor in somewhere, I think.

It is an awesome and underrated machine, the discrimination is second to none. I own 2 and will never part with them. I have found 13 gold rings with it in a 6 month period last year by running it at approximately the "I" in Iron and digging all repeatable signals. I don't "thumb" or even try to guess my targets, to me it is time consuming and redundant. I feel people tend to "over think" if they should dig or not, while they could have efficiently dug the target recovered it, filled the plug and moved on to the next. I have had and sold off all of my Target ID machines for that exact reason, too much chance for missing good targets.

The Compadre is simple and easy to use not to mention the biggest factor of metal detecting, "Having Fun" you will not regret this purchase, I guarantee it.

The only reason I haven't found more rings with it lately is I have been ill and recently got a Vaquero, some my other machines are being neglected currently :)

Darn well said.

Back
Top Bottom