CTX and EMI

MarcS

Hi all!
So I have a spot that I've been going to quite often in the past few months and it still keeps producing. In some areas however, my CTX goes crazy, probably from power lines or underground power lines. I run my machine in manual sensitivity (usually around 20-23 at this location, auto suggests 11-12), but when the EMI get really bad, I have to turn it down to 8-10. Of course, this is not beneficial to the depth I want to get, since all targets that are left are +7 inches deep.
Is there any way to keep the sensitivity up and not loose any depth within those areas?
What are your experiences?

Cheers!

Marc

Ha! No insult taken, I forgot to mention that. Yes, noise cancel won't do anything in these areas, no matter how often I do it..

My Explorer XS does the same thing. It is always in the same spots. If it happens in an area it will always happen in that area. The noise cancel might help on 1 out of 10 serious EMI encounters. My solution is usually to find a different area. I have been in areas like that with other hunters and they have no idea what I am talking about. I guess I'm limited though because all I have is Minelabs.
Poor me. All I have are 3 Minelabs. :laughing:

I came from fisher mds and my ctx is a dream with emi compared to the fishers. I only had a couple spots with Emi like your talking about. I just do the same as you and do the best I can and move off the spot. Always thought it was a buried electric line. Never had Emi issues by high lines.

I came from fisher mds and my ctx is a dream with emi compared to the fishers. I only had a couple spots with Emi like your talking about. I just do the same as you and do the best I can and move off the spot. Always thought it was a buried electric line. Never had Emi issues by high lines.
I'm pretty sure the culprit in my case is a buried electric line as well, since there's a lantern in that area.
Too bad, maybe I have try the AT Pro in these areas.
Thank you guys for your input!

There is one area that consists of 2 yards that my CTX has went bonkers in. Still don't know why but my buddy Rob said his Pro went hey wire there also. Could not get any depth and it had a constant fit. May be the same thing but we can not figure out why 2 houses cause this and they are across the street from eachother. Any other house around them do not cause this.

There is one area that consists of 2 yards that my CTX has went bonkers in. Still don't know why but my buddy Rob said his Pro went hey wire there also. Could not get any depth and it had a constant fit. May be the same thing but we can not figure out why 2 houses cause this and they are across the street from eachother. Any other house around them do not cause this.
A dirty Wi-fi router or an invisible fence will do exactly that. If you can't get the owner(s) to turn it (them) off, the next time the area experiences a power failure, be on those sites like stink!

The emi may be to bad to over come but I have a place that is bad at times for what ever reason. Any way doing a auto noise cancel never worked. Will to try anything I decided to do a manual noise cancel.

When I got to 6 the machine went dead silent. Why it worked I have no ideal. Been back to that spot several times and I have not had any problems. The machine has been on 6 since that day.

Might try it.

What I do is put it on say a trashy park program so it will disc out alot of that falsing when you crank up the sensitivity. Works for me for the most part in high emi places

Back
Top Bottom