Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Forum Help & Announcements

Old 06-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Elite Member

Default PM notification not working.

I didn't receive a PM notification for the last 3 PM's I got. Is this option still available? Thanks

Old 06-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Global Moderator

Default edit options

open your CP and scroll down to Edit options. make sure you are checked and unchecked on your option for PMs and other requests. Don't have any idea how they could be changed by another hand.

if that's no help, contact Vlad or Rudy and see if they have an idea....Gil

Old 06-08-2019, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Have you checked your SPAM folder in your email account? If the notifications went into the SPAM folder, make sure the forum email address is white listed so your ISP doesn't block them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never, under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill, on the same night.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:31 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Rudy View post
Have you checked your SPAM folder in your email account? If the notifications went into the SPAM folder, make sure the forum email address is white listed so your ISP doesn't block them.
Nothing in my spam folder. Haven't made any changes to my User CP either. It's really not a big deal, but don't just don't understand why I'm not getting any PM notifications anymore. Thanks

Old 06-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by pine3874 View post
Nothing in my spam folder. Haven't made any changes to my User CP either. It's really not a big deal, but don't just don't understand why I'm not getting any PM notifications anymore. Thanks
I checked your settings and they look fine. It may be that Charter Communications is filtering them out. You may want to check with their tech support.

Never, under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill, on the same night.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:29 AM
"Can Do" Moderator

Just sent you a PM, let us know if you got the Notification.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:08 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View post
Just sent you a PM, let us know if you got the Notification.
No notification received.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by pine3874 View post
No notification received.
Do you get your email on your computer through an app, or do you log into your ISP's mail system using a browser?

If you use a mail app on your 'puter, try logging into your ISP's mail system with a browser and check the spam folder there.

I use a mail app in my computer to download my emails and delete them from the server (I hate using a browser for emails). Unfortunately, my ISP uses AOL's mail system and even though I've disabled all spam checking in my account, AOL still traps some emails and puts them in my spam folder without telling me. So, once a week or so, I log into AOL mail from a browser and check my spam folder there. Sure enough, there will be two or three emails that AOL saw fit to stash in the spam folder.