Catch Up Silver Report. 358 FTY

jack&jill

Elite Member
This report covers my last month of hunts. I'm doing this now as snow has come to the Tundra and I'm sure it is a stern reminder there won't be a lot of hunting time going forward. Anyways had a few hunts from mid October and my last two that took place the last two days. In between took off to chase some critters and look at nature at her finest.
Of those October hunts I got one in with Dewsweeper, another with Air Force Mike and a school yard that has given up some Silver in the past. The school yard was first and it gave up a couple of Rosie's, one that looks as if it was painted white. The hunt with Dew's I dug a Merc and a Silver GW. The hunt with Mike I dug 3 Rosie's. It was the hunt Mike dug a very nice Sterling Ring, a Rosie and the custom Silver Dog Tag.
The hunts this last two days I hit a couple of different ball fields that I have not seen before. The first was only successful because of a pocket spill dig. It contained 2 Merc's, a Rosie and 2 Wheat's. Beyond the spill I only dug 8 coins (40 cents) in over 2 hours. Yesterdays hunt was a lot better as I picked up 4 Silver's and a very nice Buffalo. Included in the Four is a dated 1926 SLQ along with 2 Merc's and a Silver GW. The Silver from these hunts now has the FTY total standing at 358. Not to sure how many outings are left in 2018 but I think the 400 plateau just may not happen. Trapper

Attachments

• 10-20-18 .jpg
    10-20-18 .jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 336
  • 10-21-18 .jpg
    10-21-18 .jpg
    111 KB · Views: 294
  • 10-22-18 .jpg
    10-22-18 .jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 296
  • 11-7-18 .jpg
    11-7-18 .jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 309
  • 11-8-18 .jpg
    11-8-18 .jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 11-8-18 1 .jpg
    11-8-18 1 .jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 11-8-18 2 .jpg
    11-8-18 2 .jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Your having a incredible year!! Are these all public silvers?? If so I’m moving to your area ASAP lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering if the weather was limiting your hunting but glad you found some time to add more silver to the pile. That SLQ is in nice shape. Congrats on the finds and you've now broke my record of 352 I had a few years ago. I would love to see you get to 400.

:wow:nice haul so far this year congrats next year i will have to keep track of how many silvers i dig :D

Incredible year! I know you worked extremely hard for it. Congrats Trapper!

That's a good month. Love the fact you can read the dates on the SLQ and the BUFF. Congrats.

Your having a incredible year!! Are these all public silvers?? If so I’m moving to your area ASAP lol!
Appreciate the response Vic. I'm sure you would be successful hunting on these grounds but it would be a tremendous adjustment playing in the Winter months. Carrying pick axes and blow torches in six layers of clothing gets a bit cumbersome.
I was wondering if the weather was limiting your hunting but glad you found some time to add more silver to the pile. That SLQ is in nice shape. Congrats on the finds and you've now broke my record of 352 I had a few years ago. I would love to see you get to 400.
We woke up to the first snow this morning Jason. Had a few days of very cold temps and big winds but hopefully we will have a few thaws before it gets iced in. You know I broke my record of 232 a while back, getting past yours was never an intended goal. I count my blessing getting this far. I can only imagine what kind of effort Dan made that year you two tore it up.
:wow:nice haul so far this year congrats next year i will have to keep track of how many silvers i dig :D
It has been a unbelievable year long adventure for me Mark. I'm sure this will never come again so I'm very thankful for each and every recovery and all the fantastic memories they brought. It will be fun to see your count next year as your really adding some numbers in this years hunts.
Trapper with the amount of silver you find, I be happy with those numbers if I just found that much in clad...congrats on fty #358!
Thank you JAK for the kind words. Setting goals were my drivers for this year and making a plan on how to reach those goals. Following up with commitment and effort made those goals a reality. I know right now that I will pull back a bit next year to get in some fishing. Also a lot more time dedicated to be with the kids and their families. Trapper

358???? That’s crazy, nice job Trapper! Excellent finds anytime you find a SLQ and a Buff with dates thats an accomplishment in itself. I hope you reach 400 but either way that is one heck of a year so far!

Incredible year! I know you worked extremely hard for it. Congrats Trapper!
Thank you Craig for the kind words, they are truly appreciated. It has been an incredible year without a doubt. Not that I'm stopping yet but I think things are going to be a lot slower now that some weather has arrived. Hope we all can get out at least one more time this year.
That's a good month. Love the fact you can read the dates on the SLQ and the BUFF. Congrats.
Maybe a great month Trapper seeing I took half of it to do a little trapping. I have dug about 2 dozen of each SLQ's and Buffalo's. Been blessed with dates on about half of them.
Excellent hunting Jack, congrats on the nice pile of silver !
Thank you Jeff. I hope there will be a few more to report before we get shut down for the upcoming Winter.
358???? That’s crazy, nice job Trapper! Excellent finds anytime you find a SLQ and a Buff with dates thats an accomplishment in itself. I hope you reach 400 but either way that is one heck of a year so far!
Thanks Tom for the very kind words. Weather will be a major player in how often I can get out yet this year. But I can say I am doing some research for a few new spots that could do some contributing to my numbers. Given enough opportunity I feel I can still get a lot closer to that 400 plateau. Trapper

Very impressive T! Winter is a coming on fore sure, we had snow here yesterday. I was getting a little chilly after a couple hours tonight. I got 2 weeks off starting Monday and a list of permissions to hit so I'm hoping the weather holds for a while.

Congrats on all those silvers!
Thank you Twizzler, your response is appreciated.
Very impressive T! Winter is a coming on fore sure, we had snow here yesterday. I was getting a little chilly after a couple hours tonight. I got 2 weeks off starting Monday and a list of permissions to hit so I'm hoping the weather holds for a while.
Thanks Popper. Hope the weather holds off long enough so we both can play a bit longer. Cold does not bother me as much as the brutal winds that have been abundant here lately. Really hate it when rain and snow comes down sideways, it seems to have some sting to it. Trapper

Trapper, once again, just amazing. I hope youre planning an end of year post. I want to see all those silver coins in a huge pile.

You made some excellent finds for your end of the season hunts! Would have loved to see you hit 400, but 358 is incredible.

Trapper, once again, just amazing. I hope youre planning an end of year post. I want to see all those silver coins in a huge pile.
Appreciate your kind response Tyler. I do plan to make that year end post but I hope that it is not for a while yet. I have high hopes that Mother Nature will have a few periods of warmth that allows me a few more opportunity's to add a few more to the count.
You made some excellent finds for your end of the season hunts! Would have loved to see you hit 400, but 358 is incredible.
Thank you kindly Scott. While 400 may be unlikely I thing if weather allows I can get a few more for the total. Planning to get out tomorrow for a few hours. Temps to be about 38 degrees and low winds. Figure a late morning early afternoon hunt on some new grounds could open a door or two for me. Trapper

Trapper,those are some really nice coins,those standers are so scarce to find ..I think you’ll crack 400 fty easily..Congrats on all

Thank you Pete, the encouraging reply is appreciated. I truly luv digging Stander's and getting one with a date is even better. They are just beautiful coins. Getting to 400 is still a want, but unlikely. It is going to take some cooperation from mother nature and some very heavy effort along with a lot of good luck. I'm still 42 Silver coins away with just 7 weeks left in the year. Trapper

Trapper, Just an incredible year for you ! Its unreal the amount of silvers youve taken. I too am dreading the cold weather putting an end to hunting. Im headed out now in 29 degrees with wind. When it gets this cold then it becomes not fun for me anymore. Continued success to you sir.....HH !

Back
Top Bottom