First couple of river hunts

pescadore

Elite Member
Started river hunting this weekend after finding a good place to get on the Guadalupe without having to pay for parking. I gained a lot of respect for all you water hunters because it is definitely not easy. I got better at my scooping skills and finding targets faster. I really tried to recover as many pulltab signals as I could but no gold so far. I did manage some clad and a couple of rings. One of them was a honker mens Sterling Phoenix ring. I believe my finds will improve as my skills improve but I had a really good time.
I have begun the cleaning process but still have a lot to do before it looks great.
440fc55fedc4626c55922febb09d923a.jpg
20e0c8079ab42362c9dcc63fd543fe56.jpg
e6fbc54de563986460156ef1696fc4cd.jpg

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

A big congrats on the Sterling ring. You have a lot more courage than me Dylan as I have yet to try playing in the water. then again I am still learning playing in the dirt. Trapper

Beautiful Ring !!

great hunt

Thank you very much

A big congrats on the Sterling ring. You have a lot more courage than me Dylan as I have yet to try playing in the water. then again I am still learning playing in the dirt. Trapper

It's been fun but definitely no cake walk. Learning to deal with the river current and scooping has been trying.

cool looking ring:D

Thanks, I think it will be really nice when I get done with it.

Can you water hunt on a a sand bottom river. Very deep sand no gravel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sterling is a Honker!! Every water location requires different skills and that takes time .. you had a great start!

Can you water hunt on a a sand bottom river. Very deep sand no gravel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think so. You would probably need a good scoop. I wish I had invested the bucks and bought a bigger one. Mine is smaller and makes hitting the target much trickier. The river I hunt in is very rocky and in places solid rock. You have to find places that the rocks are small. I have been lucky enough to find a few of those type areas. I am new to water hunting and hopefully someone with more experience can better answer your question.

That sterling is a Honker!! Every water location requires different skills and that takes time .. you had a great start!

Thanks ... It is definitely chunky. Once I get it all cleaned up, I will probably wear it.

Very nice hunt, Congrats on that honker of a sterling!
The MX Sport is a lot of fun in the water, great to see you taking advantage of its waterproof abilities.

Congrats on the finds including that nice fatty ring! I used to tube with the family on that river but wasn't into MD'ing at the time. Bet there's a lot more to be had from that river!

Heck of a cool ring! That’s a awesome find, congrats!
Thank you very much.
Very nice hunt, Congrats on that honker of a sterling!
The MX Sport is a lot of fun in the water, great to see you taking advantage of its waterproof abilities.
The water is fun but I am not using the MX Sport any more. It was just too heavy for me so I traded it.
Congrats on the finds including that nice fatty ring! I used to tube with the family on that river but wasn't into MD'ing at the time. Bet there's a lot more to be had from that river!
Thanks, I tube the river whenever I can. I live about 3 or 4 miles from the horseshoe. The ring came from the Guadalupe in New Braunfels where people swim.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I'd say you did very well seeing that you are a new water hunter. Congrats on your finds and a very nice ring.

Thanks, I am still working on the ring and it is shining up real nice. Crazy what the river water does to silver. So used to land hunting where it comes out shiny.

Congrats on your rings and coins. I wish you a lot more success and fun while searchng. Can't wait to hear more of your adventures.

Thanks Scuba, we should have a busy weekend on the river and plans are right now to do some diving Monday morning. New adventures are always exciting !!

Back
Top Bottom