No Rain for over a month!

Carol K

Co-owner
Admin
Well gee, we've had no rain here in Southeastern SD for over a month. The ground is hard as a rock. Check these pictures out.

Sympathy please? :(

Attachments

• norain2.jpg
    norain2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 316
  • norain.jpg
    norain.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 316
Look at the bright side Carol, you don't have to cut the lawn ;) Tell you what you can be back here in Ct helping me paint the house as well as cut my accounts as I got rid of the crackhead again ;)

Oh man, I just took a walk to the other side of the yard and look at this! It's like a giant jigsaw puzzle.

I thought stuff like this only happens in the desert.

Maybe now is a good time to detect though, the holes are already dug for me. :lol:

Attachments

• norain.jpg
    norain.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 298
  • norain2.jpg
    norain2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 293
Oh wow, a thunderstorm just rolled in.

Am I psychic or what? :lol:

The question is will it rain, or is this a tease?

Attachments

• storm.jpg
    storm.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 294
We have the opposite problem. We get a few inches every other day or so. My backyard hasn't been dry enough to mow in a month. At least I haven't had to run sprinklers this year :D

Been the same around here. Lack of rain has caused most of our gardens to crack like that, though the lawn seems to be holding up. The ground is like cement though...makes it hard to dig.

Its been even drier over here in the south central part of the state. But wouldn?t ya know it the day my very first MD arrives in the mail it starts pouring. Had 2 breaks in the rain and managed to find a heaping hand full of coins. We received nearly 2 inches what a blessing as that will make digging much easier. I have a daughter who found a good share of coins. She is turning 12 on Monday and has added a MD to her birthday wish list.

That was us last year. Real hard to get excited about swinging in the summer when you needed a jackhammer or TNT to remove the top layer!

We've had your share of rain this year, though. I'd send it up north if I could. We've had enough! :D

maryland has been having a drought here too. Though the ground isn't that bad but slightly cracking. Most of the corn crops I've seen so far are somewhere beetween waist and shoulder high and browning fast.

It will rain but just enough to have to wash your truck again.

Im 60 Miles North of Pierre, thats what it looked like here last year, this year weve had alot of rain, hang in there, could be like Aberdeen a couple of months ago, now that was bad flooding, place I work at has been up to Aberdeen replacing peoples basements because the walls fell in from all the water.

go figgure - Here in the s west, Tucson, we have had 8 1/2 inches of rain this past 2 weeks. That's about 3/4 the total for a typical year. steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom