Whats the best value GO Pro set up?

Here’s the Hero 5 Session Jeff. The quarters for size reference...
There are options out there,the GoPro is all I’ve ever used for it’s simplicity and like Woodbutcher said,transferring footage is a snap. As with anything,LEARNING how to use it effectively is key. The older Hero 3 and 4 needed the skeleton back door to get the audio to come through properly,no voicing or ambient sound is going to get through a waterproof housing. I didn’t discover that for a little while when I had mine,but when I did it was the solution...
Hero5 Session is waterproof as is,you just snap it into the frame that allows you to mount it to your different types of mounts(head mount,chest mount,handlebar mount,etc.) The one touch “on/record” then one touch “stop recording/off” is REALLY nice.
All kinds of cameras out there,it’s just what I use...

Do they have a built in screen to see what your recording on the 5? Just curious IDX. It’s good to hear they sorted out the water proof volume issue now.

Do they have a built in screen to see what your recording on the 5? Just curious IDX. It’s good to hear they sorted out the water proof volume issue now.

No,there is a version that’s larger with the screen but the Sessions do not. When I had the Hero4 with the touch screen it was easier to frame a shot or navigate the menus. Being as I know the angle the camera needs to be on my headband mount and I never use it any other way,the lack of the touch screen isn’t an issue. It is nice for those who use it differently than I do....

No,there is a version that’s larger with the screen but the Sessions do not. When I had the Hero4 with the touch screen it was easier to frame a shot or navigate the menus. Being as I know the angle the camera needs to be on my headband mount and I never use it any other way,the lack of the touch screen isn’t an issue. It is nice for those who use it differently than I do....

Yeah it is nice to be able to mount it and run video. I like the screen on my JVC for zooming in on finds and stuff though. Being able to go under water in the rivers and film without the audio being muffled was nice as well but now that’s not a issue with the newer gopros. I need to get back to filming and swinging this summer again. May have to use both jvc and GoPro for the videos this year.

I went and tracked down your monster tube and subscribed to your channel too man looking forward to checking out your videos.

Last edited:
Yeah it is nice to be able to mount it and run video. I like the screen on my JVC for zooming in on finds and stuff though. Being able to go under water in the rivers and film without the audio being muffled was nice as well but now that’s not a issue with the newer gopros. I need to get back to filming and swinging this summer again. May have to use both jvc and GoPro for the videos this year.

I went and tracked down your monster tube and subscribed to your channel too man looking forward to checking out your videos.

You could use the JVC to go looking in rivers for GoPros!:lol: Kind of like Aquachigger and his collection of dead electronics...good luck swinging this summer and thanks for the sub!:grin: I’ll try to get something useful on there,it’s tougher to do than I originally thought!

You could use the JVC to go looking in rivers for GoPros!:lol: Kind of like Aquachigger and his collection of dead electronics...good luck swinging this summer and thanks for the sub!:grin: I’ll try to get something useful on there,it’s tougher to do than I originally thought!

Lol my buddy hiluxyota lost a jvc in the river last year! :lol:
Yeah I started my channel using my phone and wasn’t out much the last two seasons so I didn’t make videos but I’m getting the itch to get back at it this season. Gonna use the jvc for digs and might start doing action stuff with the GoPro.

Gotta love me some healthy informational debates! Not sure which route I will take here yet, but the size and simplicity of the hero 5 session looks really nice. The hero 6 looks really good aside from the price tag. This thread has been a great one, and until my taxes come in, and I make a decision, I would like to keep the suggestions coming. I appreciate all the feedback from you all!

Gotta love me some healthy informational debates! Not sure which route I will take here yet, but the size and simplicity of the hero 5 session looks really nice. The hero 6 looks really good aside from the price tag. This thread has been a great one, and until my taxes come in, and I make a decision, I would like to keep the suggestions coming. I appreciate all the feedback from you all!

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC4yLniERekWqAXh0NwOqaqw

Here is my buddies videos. All Jvc quad proof. You can tell he has a screen and is able to zoom in on the finds and see what he is doing as he films. Great audio both water and land. One button for filming and one to zoom in and out. Obviously it’s HD but YouTube takes away and it’s grainy due to YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom