No silver today...BETTER!

ncwayne

I'm starting to like the look of gold metal when it appears in a pile of dirt I've excavated from a hole. It doesn't have the glint or brightness of silver. Its appearance doesn't immediately grab me like silver does.
With silver, it's sort of, "I think I saw silver!"

With gold, it's a little more subtle. More like, "is that yellow metal? Did I see yellow? YES I DID!"

Found today!

A small ring for a small finger. But in nice shape. And wonderfully yellow!

Thanks for looking. HH.

Attachments

• P1010256.jpg
    P1010256.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 484
3 years now no yellow in sight. 3 silver rings though and a silver men's necklaces. I get excited at the sight of silver, cant even be gin to think what gold would be like.

hello, budaf250

Gold hides better than silver! It doesn't top out the VDI or (generally) ring out (no pun intended) with a high frequency signal. It hides between the chewing gum wrappers and wadded tinfoil. Among the pop tops and beavertails.
It is elusive. Hard won, if at all.
Dig enough trash between foil and memorial cents and you'll find your gold. It's there, and its waiting for you, or someone willing to do enough digging, to unearth it.
If you haven't practiced on gold rings, do so. Lay 'em on the ground and swing over them. Learn their sounds and their numbers. Approach them from different angles. Place them in different orientations. Alternate them with foil and pop tops and notice the slight differences in sounds and numbers. Also notice that sometimes the difference is negligible! Place nails or foil or pop tops at various near distances to the gold rings and see how that affects sounds and readings.
Practice, practice, practice. Then call your shots when detecting. If you think its foil, call it foil and then dig to see if you are correct. If you think it's a pop top, call it a pop top and then dig it.
Lastly, and I don't think I'm too far off base with this; if you're digging a fair amount of nickels, you're set up pretty good for finding gold. If you're not finding nickels, your detector's settings may be keeping you from finding gold.

Spend you time detecting where you have the best chance of finding rings and other jewelry items. Fresh and saltwater beaches, to be sure. But also the edges of things like swimming pool skirts, beach volleyball and basketball courts. Fields used for baseball, softball, football, frisbee throwing, disc golf. Concentrate on the areas with the greatest likelihood that somebody dove for a ball or slid into a base. Or jumped, or tripped, or fell. Or threw something. Or squatted down. Or sat. Or kicked personal items that had been taken off and carefully laid down so as not to get lost <g>.

HTH. Good luck and HH!

Way to go... That's some ADDICTING stuff you've got there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh the sight of gold is an amazing one. I'd take that over a silver ring any day :D not platinum though! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom