Greatest Pocket spill ever!!!!! w/pics 65 Coins 9/26/14

TwistedT

Elite Member
Hey All,
Just wanted to share this with you.
Had a great little hunt last weekend. On Sunday I decided to hunt at a baseball field that was no longer in use for the season.

I was doing pretty good hunting near some bleachers and a flat area where people sit and watch the games. I was finding a quarter here a dime there a penny here and so on.

I was in the middle of the open area when my detector hit zinc and hit it hard. Thought in my mind OK -GOLD!!!! Got my pinpointer out and it was about 2 " down. Cut a small plug - check ed with my pinpointer again - bang it was there -- started to pull pennies from the hole -- 65 in all!!!!! Took me about 1/2 or so to dig them all. How or why 65 pennies ended up in this one spot I'll never know. Ended up with a 4 inch wide by 3 inch deep hole!!! HAHAAAAAA!!!!!

My best coin spill ever!!!!!! :grin: All in all a very good day!!!!! Also just missed silver by 1 year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just had to share this with you guys.

GL and HH all!!!!!!

:kingdances: :kingdances: :kingdances:

Attachments

• DSCN17051_zps8ca3d587.jpg
    DSCN17051_zps8ca3d587.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 707
  • IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 692
Wow thats alot of coins in 1 hole for sure camt imgane the signal my best spill was 41 dollars at a totlot took me 2 hrs using my pointer but it was alot of fun

I'm thinin some poor kids cachet

What was the newest penny, some third graders stash no doubt, it's still one of the coolest finds I've ever seen. . Sweet T :)

When a spill like that is found, it makes you wonder what the reason behind the spill was.......was it an accident, or what? Nice find for sure......

Doubt anyone had 65 coins in their pocket...LOL More likely someone dropped the coin box from a bake sale or something...lol

Must have been fun to dig!

When a spill like that is found, it makes you wonder what the reason behind the spill was.......was it an accident, or what? Nice find for sure......

Thanks Gold Nuggets. Makes you wonder that's for sure!

Doubt anyone had 65 coins in their pocket...LOL More likely someone dropped the coin box from a bake sale or something...lol

Must have been fun to dig!

Thanks Nectar. Don't know how they all got there.
It was fun digging - kept hoping for some dimes or quarters though!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom