water proof cable connector???

coin chaser

Forum Supporter
So does anybody know where to get the water proof cable connectors that you dont have to cut the wire. I saw one on youtube that was a rubber cork that had a hole and a slice in it. You put your plug through the nut put the ruber cork on your cable then put your plug through the connector and tighten the nut. If anyone has any idea let me know plz. Thanks

I don't know off hand... I'd search digi-key.. may find something there.. best of luck in your quest....

Yup, cable clams are what you're looking for, no need to cut any wires... Work great for waterproof boxing detectors...

So how deep have any of you guys or girls gone with this clamp? Its only sold as a deck seal and has no waterproof specs. Im not planing on diving with it and i will test it before putting my cotrol box in it but what are you guys doing with your waterproof set up's. Im leaning towards a drypak bag in a backpack. The plano box seams like it could crack to easy and the pellicans are expensive. I have a f4 and should be able to still hit buttons with the bag. Any advise would be great thanks.

You shouldn't have any problems at all wading with a setup like that. I put my plano box in a small backpack and wear it that way.... I get chest deep more or less with this setup, not because i fear it would leak if i went deeper, but because the box will float high in the bag making it uncomfortable to go any deeper...
Pics help...

Attachments

• Photo0117.jpg
    Photo0117.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 562
  • Photo0118.jpg
    Photo0118.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 564
Nice work Zeeman! How do you like your setup?
There are a few other types of water proof connectors. One I got from Digkey, think it was called a bulkhead connector they were IP68 think they were 3 dollars each. You can also use the Stress relief pigtails like the use on the excalibur they are IP68 also they are just a few dollars. Both alot cheaper then the the cable clams.....I've used them like Zeemans but in a waterproof bag. What I did not like was, I'm a jumper. I hunt for lanes/lines, in and out of the water, jumping in and out I need to adjust the settings different to get the best setup... A real pain..
Some people can set it and forget it...

I mainly use this as a back up, or if my girlfriend wants to detect i let her use my excal and i swing this one.... The part that made this setup really easy to fit in the box was having headphones with a 90 degree hookup, leaves enough room in the box for slack on cables...Works well and it's nice to have a backup for whatever reason...

I just have a pair of garrett headphones with volume control on them.. not waterproof but i hardly ever use this setup...

Back
Top Bottom