Old MD Guy returns and neds advice.. :-)

Westsail32

Although I was very active and a White dealer back in the roarin' 70's, I have been away from MD'ing for 25 years. 8)

I need a SIMPLE (read cheap or used, as am on SS income only) but half-decent MD to find some Iron boundary markers on my old property in GA, and maybe to knock around with now and then, but because of old Polio problems resurfacing, very infrequently. - My old 6000D used too many batteries and my Son won't give it back, anyway! :lol: :lol:

Any suggestions as to what to look for in brand, off-brand, wally-world or e-bay ones? - Any help appreciated.

Tom

Wellcome to the site Westsail32 and back to hunting. There are many inexpensive machines out there now in the $100.00-200.00 dollar range so I wouldn't buy used. I think you will be supprised how much you get for that kind of money compaired to the seventies and the machines do more and are very dependable and easy to use. Cladius.

If you want to find the markers , an Ace150 would do it as well as a Tracker IV. Then you can still use it for some real treasure hunting.

MD will Be here Friday..

OK - just ordered a Tracker IV from "buy.com" for $99.99 bucks, shipped. Almost went for the 250 you mentioned, but vased on my narrow use, the BH seemed best.
Thanks for your input!

I'm using a BH Fast Tracker (one model down from the one you got) and I'm having a blast with it. No bells or whisles, just a knob for sensitivity and a knob for discrimination. I dig everytime out.

Thanks, Bob - I WAS angui$$hing about the 200 buck ace vs the 99.99 BH T4 and it should be in this afternoon. May try right here at Cape Canaveral's Beaches! :-)

Back
Top Bottom