Inside the E-Trac

gold4me

Over the next couple of weeks I am going to be turning my old Trac into a water proof beach machine. I have had my Trac open before a couple of time for other reasons so I am not afraid to pull its guts out. There are some tricks to getting it apart. Since I have it open I thought I would show some pics of the boards and where the wires go. Knowing these can help with power problems, head phone issues and coil problems.
The first picture is the coil connection. It shows the 3 pins that operate the coil and where they are attached to the boards.
The second pic is of the upper and lower boards. There is a 2 pin connector that runs the external speaker and it has a black and white wire.It attaches to J 3/1
There is a 5 pin connector that has the power wires and head phones. It attaches to J 2/1
POWER HEAD PHONES
red black orange yellow blue
2012-09-02222021-2.jpg

2012-09-02222108-1.jpg

Awesome! I've been waiting for someone to make an Aquatrac! Keep us posted, sounds like a great project...

I have parts ordered, some will probably take a week. I have a water proof clam shell box, a longer coil cord, a new straight shaft, water proof connectors and a set or wireless headphones. I ordered a 2 piece Plugger travel rod for Excal 2. I plan on mounting the control box behind my elbow on the top of the shaft so I can still see the display of the Trac. I don’t look at numbers to often but I do look at the depth gauge.

sounds like a very cool mod, do you plan of putting the battery in some sort of waterproof pod like the excals have?

I am updating one of the pics. It was brought to my attention that I didnt show the shielding connection points for each of the coil wires.
2012-09-02222108-2.jpg

Sorry for the delay. I am still waiting on a couple of things. I have been looking for a good substitution for coil wire and a source for Heyco cord grips. I will posts some pics next week.

Back
Top Bottom