Gettin' Dirty with DirtyRob...4000 Coin Milestone + Ring #12 (Tiffany?)

DirtyRob

Forum Supporter
Hey all....I just needed to post my recent milestone of breaking 4000 coins for the year so far. Yep, I've dug lots of pennies but still 4000 is alot of bending down at the least!:yes:

I ended up hitting 4 different spots after work this morning. Our recent heavy rains have softened up this hoosier soil in my parts. And, I know my Ace250 loves the soft moist dirt/clay of my hunting grounds!:D

Spots one, two, and three just produced some clad and one wheat, a 1950D. I also got a large token for the local carosel at the mall....the little guy loves it! This wheat spot has the makings for some silver. I'll keep hitting it! I may have to rent somebody's e-trac to get the job done!

Anyway spot number four on the day produced some clad and pennies. But I did find ring #12 here!!!!!:yes:

Not sure if it's a knock-off but it says "Tiffany & Co." and I found a matching ring from Tiffany's online a bit ago.

It does look plated and there is no hallmark on the inside just the Tiffany tradmark.

Once again....seeing gold in the turned over plug....got the old ticker ticking pretty good!

Here's some pictures of the goodies...and junk!:lol:

DSC00347.jpg

Here's the wheat and the ring!

DSC00348.jpg

And another shot of the ring.

DSC00349.jpg

69 coins/$3.68 6-quarters/5-nickels/15-dimes/43-pennies(1-wheat)

Congratulations on hitting that 4000 mark. I hate to say this, but I think your ring is not the real-deal. All the silver I've ever found in the ground comes out shiny and brite. I hope I'm wrong, but....Good Luck on future hunts. : )

I was hoping for gold plated silver. Of course the missing hallmark speaks volumes. But still it's neat....we all would love to find another gold ring....and a Tiffany's gold ring would be an even better find.:yes:

I bet this an example of a recent article I was reading about a Tiffany's lawsuit against ebay or someone on ebay selling fake Tiffany products.

For you Ace250 guys...it rang up a solid penny. Never jumping or bouncing around. I re-scanned the hole but no penny was to be found!

Great find Rob! Congratulations on coin number 4000 and on the ring. You are cleaning up right now.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom