Tiffany Platnium/Gold Ring Found

Minelabdealer

Elite Member
Hi everyone, I usually do not write about my finds but I thought this was a great story to share with a happy ending. About a week ago our company (New England Detectors) got several calls throughout the week from gentlemen who lost his wedding band in Milford, Ct. on September 5th. He wanted to hire us to look for his lost wedding ring; I told him we will do it for free. I just wanted to hunt the property as it was on a Private beach and offered fresh grounds for detecting. I received permission and started the hunt. I brought another member of my staff along to speed up the recovery process; I figure two can cover more ground. We worked the perimeter of the house first. Once the perimeter of the house was done it was time to focus on the rear, facing the beach. We choreographed our search pattern, then began.
Of course we had our usual friendly bet of who will find the ring first. We began the search and both hit targets immediately; we both began to feverishly dig hoping to win our friendly wager first. We ended up with some clad on the first targets, and numerous lead blobs. On my 4th target I got a nice hit, loud and strong. Depth indicator said 6” down. I almost passed it up if it wasn’t for the neighbor telling me how high the surf has been coming up to the beach houses lately, I usually dig every target regardless. We were getting a lot of trashy targets, bullets casings, lead shot (old gun range nearby) I was starting to get selective with my digging. Luckily, I dug this target because there about 7-8” down was the Tiffany, Platinum and gold ring with a personal inscription described by the owner. The ring was about 4’ off the back deck. I was using a ML Safari; we both were pretty excited to find this ring 2 weeks after he had lost it. I thought finding the ring was going to be the highlight but, watching my search companion, who is 6’6 370lbs have a temper tantrum was priceless. I was laughing all the way home as he pouted like a child. Needless to say I didn’t make him pay up, LOL. I thought the entertainment value he had given me was more than enough payment. Even as I write this I am laughing. After I arrived home I called the owner of the ring and had told him we found it and I made arrangements to meet the next day.
He was very appreciative and couldn’t say thank you enough, his wife had even expressed her thanks. I can tell this ring meant allot to them. We talked for a few minutes and he handed me a card which I assumed was a thank you card. I shook his hand said thank you for the opportunity and we parted ways. Hours later I opened the card and inside was a well written thank you note and $200 in cash. “Have Dinner on us” were the final words of the note. To say the least I had a great weekend. I suppose ill split my reward 50/50 with baby huey LOL. Opportunities like this do not come around often so I thought I would share my great weekend with a great forum of people.
Sorry for the long story and for the crappy pics, I think baby huey sabotaged my photo -op since he was the photographer on this run.

Take care guys.

All the best,

Andrew T.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 906
  • 37990.jpg
    37990.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 891
You should make your buddy pay up then tell him about the $200. :lol:

Cool story.

Great story and a great job helping those folks out.

Share the reward for sure... get your partner a $100 gift certificate for photography lessons..... LOL!
Just kidding! ;)

Congrats on finding the ring! I bet it made there day! WTG!

That's Awesome, not only are you in the business to make money from people in the hobby, but you sir give back to the community and for that I commend you. We need more business professionals like yourself....hmmmm That gives me an idea

Andrew...:waytogo:

I wish these stories were more public knowledge...write-ups in the local paper etc. I think it would really elevate the general respect people would have for detectorists on the beach and allow them to see the "good deeds" that most of us perform on a daily basis. This must be the 8th or 9th post in the past month of someone getting their ring back.

I can attest how good it feels when you successfully find a ring for the person who lost it. Almost as good as adding it to the smelter pile...almost:lol:

Very nice story ,with the great outcome :yes:Congrats on the ring recovery and winning the bet:yes:Good luck and HH

Hi everyone, I usually do not write about my finds but I thought this was a great story to share with a happy ending. About a week ago our company (New England Detectors) got several calls throughout the week from gentlemen who lost his wedding band in Milford, Ct. on September 5th. He wanted to hire us to look for his lost wedding ring; I told him we will do it for free. I just wanted to hunt the property as it was on a Private beach and offered fresh grounds for detecting. I received permission and started the hunt. I brought another member of my staff along to speed up the recovery process; I figure two can cover more ground. We worked the perimeter of the house first. Once the perimeter of the house was done it was time to focus on the rear, facing the beach. We choreographed our search pattern, then began.
Of course we had our usual friendly bet of who will find the ring first. We began the search and both hit targets immediately; we both began to feverishly dig hoping to win our friendly wager first. We ended up with some clad on the first targets, and numerous lead blobs. On my 4th target I got a nice hit, loud and strong. Depth indicator said 6” down. I almost passed it up if it wasn’t for the neighbor telling me how high the surf has been coming up to the beach houses lately, I usually dig every target regardless. We were getting a lot of trashy targets, bullets casings, lead shot (old gun range nearby) I was starting to get selective with my digging. Luckily, I dug this target because there about 7-8” down was the Tiffany, Platinum and gold ring with a personal inscription described by the owner. The ring was about 4’ off the back deck. I was using a ML Safari; we both were pretty excited to find this ring 2 weeks after he had lost it. I thought finding the ring was going to be the highlight but, watching my search companion, who is 6’6 370lbs have a temper tantrum was priceless. I was laughing all the way home as he pouted like a child. Needless to say I didn’t make him pay up, LOL. I thought the entertainment value he had given me was more than enough payment. Even as I write this I am laughing. After I arrived home I called the owner of the ring and had told him we found it and I made arrangements to meet the next day.
He was very appreciative and couldn’t say thank you enough, his wife had even expressed her thanks. I can tell this ring meant allot to them. We talked for a few minutes and he handed me a card which I assumed was a thank you card. I shook his hand said thank you for the opportunity and we parted ways. Hours later I opened the card and inside was a well written thank you note and $200 in cash. “Have Dinner on us” were the final words of the note. To say the least I had a great weekend. I suppose ill split my reward 50/50 with baby huey LOL. Opportunities like this do not come around often so I thought I would share my great weekend with a great forum of people.
Sorry for the long story and for the crappy pics, I think baby huey sabotaged my photo -op since he was the photographer on this run.

Take care guys.

All the best,

Andrew T.

Andrew, Glad to see you on the forums, and what a great story. + Karma for sure!!! I have said it before and I will say it again, bunch of great people over at your store!! Great job, and keep it going!

CTKidd

Back
Top Bottom