CTX 3030 - Should I?

BlueHuntsCoins

Hi everyone!

I've been thinking about the CTX3030 and have been curious with this machine especially with it's complex identification feature. I plan on maybe selling my XP Deus and Nokta Simplex+ if I do decide to get one. My question is, since I have an Equinox 800 (which is still different from the CTX3030), does it make sense getting a CTX3030? Anyone who has both that might be able to talk about their experiences? Weight and size is not a problem for me.

Thank you!!! :)

I have a Equinox 800 as well as a E Trac and CTX3030, I like each machine and each has its use in my style of detecting. I in no way believe the comments that the EQ800 is better than the CTX, it is a great machine BUT it in no way can “beat” the CTX. The 3030just has too many bells and whistles that make the machine a keeper for me.

I have a Equinox 800 as well as a E Trac and CTX3030, I like each machine and each has its use in my style of detecting. I in no way believe the comments that the EQ800 is better than the CTX, it is a great machine BUT it in no way can “beat” the CTX. The 3030just has too many bells and whistles that make the machine a keeper for me.

That's what I was thinking. The bells and whistles are what intrigue me.

I had the Etrac first and liked it, but then got the Equinox 600 and found myself using it almost exclusively after awhile. Then I picked up a used CTX 3030 at a reasonable price. At first, I thought the Equinox was better for coin hunting (most of what I do). Now, I find myself using the CTX more often. Really don't know which is overall "best" but I doubt I would prefer the CTX to the Equinox if I compared them at their list prices.

IMHO...you don’t have to run the sensitivity as high on the CTX or any FBS machine to get a deep coin to report. When I had the 800, it seemed that if I didn’t run it at 22+, I didn’t find any 8-9” coins. There’s more to it of course but that’s what my impression was. It’s possible someday I’ll give it another go but the 800 and I didn’t get along as well as I had hoped we would. Maybe if they make an update with a CLOCK I’ll try it again.:lol: Maybe not...

I think I am spoiled by the accuracy of the FBS machines but I still prefer my CTX over the equinox.

That being said is it worth much more than an equinox, no probably not.

I have a 800 and a CTX and they are both great machines. If I sold all my machines the CTX would be one of the last to go. The CTX is certainly one of the best beach machines out there. If your strong enough to swing the 17x13 you will get pulse depth and make finds at some pretty incredible depths. Of course this just my opinion. The GPS feature that allows you to track where you have detected is a nice feature.

I have owned and extensively ran all the FBS detectors from the Explorer XS to the CTX. The E-trac was my favorite. the numbers were easier and TTF ability in heavy trash was awesome. I liked the CTX but I felt like it wasn't as stable on numbers and it lost "something" in the tones vs the previous FBS metal detectors.

I ran multiple E-tracs and CTX's years ago and the CTX's just weren't as good on coin ID as the E-tracs in my soil.

Missing FBS technology, a few years ago I picked up a used explorer SE. In my opinion it will do just as good on coins (minus the TTF) as the E-trac and you can pick them up pretty cheap.

I could probably write a book on the FBS detectors and to date, although there are some things I am not fond of and I feel like they are limited, they find deep silver coins better than anything else I've ever used.

I have owned and extensively ran all the FBS detectors from the Explorer XS to the CTX. The E-trac was my favorite. the numbers were easier and TTF ability in heavy trash was awesome. I liked the CTX but I felt like it wasn't as stable on numbers and it lost "something" in the tones vs the previous FBS metal detectors.

I ran multiple E-tracs and CTX's years ago and the CTX's just weren't as good on coin ID as the E-tracs in my soil.

Missing FBS technology, a few years ago I picked up a used explorer SE. In my opinion it will do just as good on coins (minus the TTF) as the E-trac and you can pick them up pretty cheap.

I could probably write a book on the FBS detectors and to date, although there are some things I am not fond of and I feel like they are limited, they find deep silver coins better than anything else I've ever used.

You know what they say...”Modesty is the best medicine!”:lol:

Hi everyone!

I've been thinking about the CTX3030 and have been curious with this machine especially with it's complex identification feature. I plan on maybe selling my XP Deus and Nokta Simplex+ if I do decide to get one. My question is, since I have an Equinox 800 (which is still different from the CTX3030), does it make sense getting a CTX3030? Anyone who has both that might be able to talk about their experiences? Weight and size is not a problem for me.

Thank you!!! :)

I'm cool with having a Nox 800, AT Pro, and an Explorer II for some FBS fun. I'm going to assume Minelab will update or replace the CTX 3030 (released in 2012) in a few years based on everything they've learned about FBS, Multi-Freq, and battery technology for a new flagship model. That's just about the only thing that would get my attention.

Both

Equinox on the beach with the 15 coil , Ctx 3030 for land , Deus relic , Excalibur water, Df wet without iron & trash , F75 with the 5 inch in school yards , all machines play a role .

I had two CTX's and currently have a Nox 800, F75+, and Deus x35. The CTX started to feel clunky and out of date in my hand. In my test garden, it was outperformed by the Nox. I'm sure Minelab has some sort of CTX/Nox hybrid coming so maybe wait a bit?

Keep the Nox.

I had two CTX's and currently have a Nox 800, F75+, and Deus x35. The CTX started to feel clunky and out of date in my hand. In my test garden, it was outperformed by the Nox. I'm sure Minelab has some sort of CTX/Nox hybrid coming so maybe wait a bit?

Keep the Nox.

Same for me.

I sold the CTX after I started to hit silver that the CTX did not. I ran open screen and fairly high sensitivity on the CTX and also I out hunted my hunting partners nearly daily on the same ground over a 30 day period.

The CTX is a nice detector, but way over priced compared to the Equinox. If you want a new toy and can afford it then go ahead and take the plunge. But you will never justify the cost with your finds over the Equinox. In fact I'll just go on record and say the Equinox will find targets the CTX will not find.

I have both and right now I’m searching an area from 4 directions with ctx. I will then take nox thru and see if I missed anything

Back
Top Bottom