Hey All, New here..

detectorist143

Hope everyone is enjoying the digging season.
Just signed up to network and meet like minded MD'ers.

I'm Ron,
Been detecting for a few years. But getting serious about it now.
I mainly hunt my local small town farm fields, Parks and woods.
I have exclusive permission to hunt our counties Fair grounds (COIN HEAVEN).

Working on a permission to hunt our 1800's fair grounds. Woot Woot...

I mainly hunt my property. There was a one room school house built in 1850 on our property. Long sense torn down and forgotten.
I have save numerous buttons, coins and relics, like kid pocket knife and lots of horse tack.

My best find from the property and oldest coin to date is 1859 first year IHP.
In great condition for being buried for 150 YEARS.. I'll post pics some time if any one is interested let me know.

Ohhhh I also am a Dog trainer. Over 25 years training show and pet dogs, also behavior consultant.

Glad to be here. If your in the Rochester NY area HMU lets go MD'ing....

1859 ihp

This was 10 inches deep. Under the rocks that the school was made from.
Rang up like a dime. I also pulled an 1899 and two other IHP's with no dates.
By far this is the best looking IHP from the property.

Still looking for the SILVER..

Attachments

• IMG_20180426_170139.jpg
    IMG_20180426_170139.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_20180426_170051.jpg
    IMG_20180426_170051.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20180426_170123.jpg
    IMG_20180426_170123.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 176
Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

......you said "also behavior consultant" ? Not to take a lot of your time, but if you had just a couple quick tips ? :lol:

We have a border collie mix adopted from an SPCA at about 9 weeks old (likely mixed with beagle, but looks more like a border collie).

She is an indoor dog, very loving, but very leery of strangers, now people she met when she was younger (she's about 5 1/2 years old now) she is friendly with and wants to be petted by them, but new people she will bark at non-stop, I'm working on trying to get her to stop barking after alerting us, but it's a slow process, I like that she is a good watch dog and alerts us, but would like to get her to calm down after alerting us, and to accept new people as okay when she sees we are okay with them.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Hey GKL,

It's hard for me to give a full behavior modification plan with out our questionnaire and seeing the dog being reactive. Her body language can tell us a lot.

Golden rule no matter what:
More attention for being GOOD than being bad..

Teach her to speak... I know it sounds wrong!
Then put the first word she ever learned "NO" with it "NO SPEAK"
Just like a light switch on/off

Also she is a herding breed. Most have very HIGH drive and Border Collie's tend to have strong herding instincts. If she is trying to move "herd" the stranger or anyone for that matter. They should become a tree. Do not even look at the dog.

The dog should be redirected when she becomes reactive with an obedience command SIT or DOWN STAY, missing that throw a ball or toy to redirect. Basically give her a job to do.

If she is just alarm/alert barking then teaching her to speak should work.

If she has the herding instincts kicking in, redirecting and giving her a job to do should work.

If it's a learned behavior it becomes more difficult to change. If she has been doing this for over 5 years or so now it maybe more learned.

Borders also can be very OCD, again harder to change. Create a secondary reinforce and use it to redirect the bad behavior.

But again:
Golden rule no matter what:
More attention for being GOOD than being bad..

Good luck and keep me posted.

welcome from a stones throw down 390 south of you. Let me know if you need help with that fairgrounds;)

Back
Top Bottom