Im back....

Ohiodigger

Elite Member
So I have been gone for a few weeks because my father passed away. He was the one who introduced me to detecting. Its not easy trying to recover from the loss of a parent. But I think as long as I keep swinging I am keeping his spirit alive and well in me. I wasnt going to post this but I thought I would as a way to keep him going..... Now I just need to find more time to get out, nothing beats some time out to clear ones head. :(

Sorry for your loss Digger. It's great that every time you pop a plug, you'll be able to connect with him again. Glad to see you back! GL&HH!

Very sorry for your loss, Ohiodigger. You’re right, it’s always a challenge dealing with the loss of a parent.

My Dad was always interested in detecting, but he never was able to make the time to get a detector and try it out. He passed back in 2001, and here I am just getting into the hobby more than 15 years later.

Even though we never detected together, I give him a good amount of credit for getting me into the hobby. I like to imagine he's looking over my shoulder and getting just as excited by my finds while I'm out hunting.

Last edited:
My grandfather got me into detecting. I became his digging buddy for years.
When I became a teenager, I started swinging on my own with my own gear using the skills he taught me.
When he passed, one of his most important possessions to me was his machine. I proudly have his machine displayed in my room.
When I found my 1st confederate buckle, I cried a little with the thought that man, there is no one else I wanted to share this experience with than my grandfather.
But then I smiled when I realized that if he was still with us, he would have found that buckle first! (He would have thought that was funny).
Point is, I know he lives on in me and my hunting and I keep his memory alive by continuing his hunting legacy by using skills he taught me. And it sounds like that is what you will do, too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Very sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad a little over 2 years ago and I also spent all of my free time detecting to help take my mind off of it. It helped. You never really get over a loss like that, you just learn how to live with it. They live on in your thoughts and memories.

Sorry for your loss. Quiet time spent walking the grass will give you a lot of time to think of treasured memories with your father. Keep his legacy going and teach the hobby to a youngster

Welcome back, Sorry to hear about your loss. My dad passed in 2008 and I miss him too. The memories you keep of him will get you through.

Back
Top Bottom