Circa 1824 house hunt

choppadude

Forum Supporter
A friend of mine received permission to hunt this spot and was king enough to let me tag along. Weather forecast called for rain so the Impact stayed in the truck and the CTX3030 came out to play.
After park hunting for the last week or so it was nice to have a low trash area to dig although I did find a few pulltabs LOL!
First target was a 1900 Indian head then a few bits of led and another high tone and out pops a 1877 Seated dime! I followed that up with a 1868 Shield nickel with a few Wheaties and a war nickel in between. Last target I did not think much of just knew it was brass and had a guilded gold stripe across the bottom, when I got home and cleaned it up a bit I could clearly see an Eagle! My friend seems to believe it may have some relation to the war of 1812 as he had heard that the original owner was a war veteran. I am posting close up pics of this piece in the ID forum.

Fantastic!

Excellent digs there! Looks like that Shield nickel is in good shape as well, those usually get toasty around these parts after 100+ years of sitting....

Great digs- love those old home permissions- you just never know what's gonna pop out- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Su-weet digs, man!! The seated dime and shield nickel are off the charts. That shield looks to be in stellar condition for an extremely old nickel. My two shields and most of my V's are toasted beyond help. Any chance for a close up pic? Heading over to ID my finds now. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom