Animated silver ring...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Been hunting for the last month mostly with the new 5.75 concentric coil on the Vaq, love the depth, in the first week I found a gold and silver ring but no precious metal after that.
I switched back to the F2 and the sniper coil and it didn't let me down.
I went back to an older park and hunted around a basketball court I have hit before but before I realized what kind of precious metal mines these things really are so I was more careful on this trip.

Found an old ring that came in zinc, not gold and a big face but nothing on it...a very ugly skull ring with a broken expandable band...and the neat frog ring that says 925 on the band.
Silver baby!
The F2 never disappoints me.

The cool thing about this ring is up close it is pretty intricate and each leg is attached to the body by a ring so all the legs move.

Here are some pics and a movie that shows the movement.

Attachments

• conductive_order.jpg
    conductive_order.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 368
  • P1040577.jpg
    P1040577.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 356
  • P1040575.jpg
    P1040575.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 353
PICTURES? REALLY PICTURES!!!!!! THAT VIDEO STINKS!!!!

WHERE ARE THE VIDEOS OF YOUR LIVE DIGS WITH YOUR GO PRO!! YOU PROMISED!!!!!:crying:

Okay Rant over..... Nice finds.

PICTURES? REALLY PICTURES!!!!!! THAT VIDEO STINKS!!!!

WHERE ARE THE VIDEOS OF YOUR LIVE DIGS WITH YOUR GO PRO!! YOU PROMISED!!!!!:crying:

Okay Rant over..... Nice finds.

LOL!

I have a 500 gig hard drive that I have filled with about 450 gigs of video that I have of me hunting and digging but not finding anything really great.
On this hunt I just didn't feel like bringing the camera...wouldn't you know it.

I will go through and delete most of that useless video and then start filming again.
It is the least I can do for the loyal fans out there. :lol:

Shouldnt have looked at your post today. I have chores I need to do around the house, but theres a BB court nearby I just started hunting at........:hmmm:

Shouldnt have looked at your post today. I have chores I need to do around the house, but theres a BB court nearby I just started hunting at........:hmmm:

Hunting b-ball courts?
I have a little experience doing that.
Along with a huge amount of trash I have found a ton of clad, several silver rings and 7 gold rings and one gold bracelet so far....including this baby.
White gold and 9 diamonds appraised at $1299.

Clipboard09.jpg

These courts have turned into my highest percentage type of sites to find precious metal targets.
Here is my thinking and how I do it.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=155196

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=155390

Congrats on another B.B.court silver ring find. I like the little froggie. : ) I gotta find me a new court to hunt. Good luck on future hunts.

I really like the frog!

It is impossible to film yourself digging gold, or even silver jewelry. It takes at least several hundred targets to get something good. One thing that could be done is to put the jewelry back in the hole, and film yourself waving the detector over it, not pretending to find it, but showing what the signal was like, then retrieving the target. While it seems like that would be disingenuous or not worth the effort, I think most of us would appreciate being put in your perspective when you found the target.

Most the videos you see where something good is actually being found are filmed during hunts where a hot silver spot is being detected, and the depth and sound make it more likely that it will be silver. A lot of videos are done by those with an E-Trac that have a great ear for that silver warble. Any of this really cannot be done with a gold or silver ring.

I really like the frog!

It is impossible to film yourself digging gold, or even silver jewelry. It takes at least several hundred targets to get something good. One thing that could be done is to put the jewelry back in the hole, and film yourself waving the detector over it, not pretending to find it, but showing what the signal was like, then retrieving the target. While it seems like that would be disingenuous or not worth the effort, I think most of us would appreciate being put in your perspective when you found the target.

Most the videos you see where something good is actually being found are filmed during hunts where a hot silver spot is being detected, and the depth and sound make it more likely that it will be silver. A lot of videos are done by those with an E-Trac that have a great ear for that silver warble. Any of this really cannot be done with a gold or silver ring.

Great opinion Michael...BUT YOU ARE WRONG!! :D
Today I actually caught a gold find on film and I am working on editing right now.
I got the whole thing...me acquiring the target, digging a small plug, the shock when I saw a golden edge.
I even asked the MD gods to let me find some gold...and they did!
You are correct, however, it is pure luck that I came across this target when I still had battery power and room left on my micro SD card.
Total luck I dug gold at all, but it was at a high percentage basketball court, a new one for me and you know how I love my b-ball courts.
Keep an eye out I will post about this as soon as I am done editing.

Here is a sneak peak, though, just to drive you crazy.

Attachments

• P1040589.jpg
    P1040589.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 243
Hunting b-ball courts?
I have a little experience doing that.
Along with a huge amount of trash I have found a ton of clad, several silver rings and 7 gold rings and one gold bracelet so far....including this baby.
White gold and 9 diamonds appraised at $1299.

These courts have turned into my highest percentage type of sites to find precious metal targets.
Here is my thinking and how I do it.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=155196

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=155390

Yes, and thank you. I have read one of your tips, and what you have found, which has gotten me VERY interested in BB courts. I ran a few errands on my Harley today, and went home a different way due to road construction. Theres a narrow park that I have driven by on a main drag many times, but this time I saw the other end on a side street, and low and behold there sits a half court amongst the trees! A future project for sure.

Thanks again for all of the info!

Back
Top Bottom