Anybody else....

metaladdict

Elite Member
When I bend down on either knee to retrieve a target my knee has bad pain from the pressure on the ground. I'm only 51 years old, 155lbs approx. It hurts getting old.:no::(

Sounds maybe like bursitis, I have it in my left elbow from my desk jockey job.

Good luck man, knee pads sound like a good idea. I never actually make contact with the ground with my knees when digging, just crouch down.

If you don't like wearing the knee pads you could always keep a rag or cushion in your pouch and toss it down right before you get down

Get yourself one of these, then get back to me :D

TKR.png

Do you use knee pads now? I use one just for left side, makes a big world of difference. I'm not sure I could hunt without it.
Yeah, getting old ain't no fun!

Guard your knees at all costs. I use them when I am in soil but on the beach my knees never hit the ground unless doing CPR or Narcan.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Guard your knees at all costs. I use them when I am in soil but on the beach my knees never hit the ground unless doing CPR or Narcan.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Yep! Try a crouch or squat or a wide legged stoop, like a giraffe taking a drink...or a football lineman..there are a multitude of benefits to this style as opposed to kneeling down...You have your upper body weight over the top of your digging tool, so it makes it faster and easier to cut a plug, you can push off and spring right back up without a lot of effort...you can hunt a place with dress pants on and not worry about getting your knees soiled...all sorts of things...

I dont even own a set of kneepads, and I do 10k coins per season...a guy dont ever have to kneel, shoulnd even try to figure out a way to make it comfortable...kneeling is submission, like when you proposed...or forced obeisance like in church, or under the threat of death by a conquering warlord..

...Kneeling is not natural for humans and hard on a body physically and spiritually...This Sport is intended to make us the Kings, Pirates, Plunderers of Gold and silver on this Planet! ..and we dont kneel to nobody! Kneeling is for Golfers and gardeners! :laughing:

I’m fortunate in that I don’t have any real knee problems yet, despite a bad tibial plateau fracture (where the lower leg bone meets the knee) 5 years ago in my left leg that required a plate and screws that have since been removed. I’m south of 50, so arthritis and other aging problems haven’t set in yet. I’ve only been detecting for a year, but I’ve always used knee pads as a precaution to help minimize damage, but also for comfort. Nothing worse than kneeling down right onto a sharp rock hidden in the grass with an unprotected knee :shock:

That said, when I first started out I strapped a pad to each knee. But now I only use one on my left, which is the one I always drop down to. With my digging technique, my right knee never touches the ground. And now my set of knee pads lasts twice as long :D

Harbor freight solution helps

10 bucks , Gel knee pad's will help , also get a shovel , Sampson 31 or 36 T serrated edge, most of the time i can recover the target without getting down on my knee's , happy hunting , Earl

Attachments

• 20110613_1.JPG
    20110613_1.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 122
I use One kneepad on my Right Knee.. Kneel down and Keep the left bent..

works well for me. a Couple of times I forgot the kneepad in the truck, 2 kneels later I walked back to the truck to get it.

My wife has had both of her knees replaced. The surgeon told her absolutely No Kneeling unless she had a lot of padding between her knee and the floor or dirt

I use 1 gel knee pad (on the other knee), and the replaced one stays about 90* so I just lay my detector across it while I recover the target.

I spent over 30 years squatting in front of equipment, and crawling in and over buildings. I was also informed I'd had Osgood Schlatters as a yoot.

I hope your wife's replacement(s) went better than mine.

Back
Top Bottom