ENDED Just FACE it! (and win a silver quarter!)

1-Jack Hoffman
2-Phil Harris
3-Mel Fisher
4-James Beard
5-Richard Harrison
6-Mikey Teutul
7-Emeril Lagasse
8-Rick Savage
9-Jaques Cousteau
10-Steve Jobs

1. Jack Hoffman

2. Phil Harris

3. Mel Fisher

4. James Beard

5. Euell Gibbons

6. Mikey Teutul

7. Emeril Lagasse

8. Rick Savage

9. Jacques Cousteau

10. Steve Jobs

AAAWWW, MAN! I thought I had it...
This was an awesome contest!
Thanks for hosting it, Stunmi!

Thank you everyone that played, and I know there are some that also played but sat back and held their cards too!

AZ- of course PM me your address and I will get the prize in the mail.

Euell Gibbons was a little tough from that pic huh? There were not many pics of him out there, and no I did not intentionally blur it- I actually sharpened it up a bit! I am surprised that nobody guessed Ronald Reagan! For those that don't know who he is or need a memory jog-

"Although Gibbons longed to be a writer, he had difficulty getting published. However, capitalizing on the growing return-to-nature movement in 1962, his first book, Stalking the Wild Asparagus, became an instant success. From the cover blurb:
A delightful book on the recognition, gathering, preparation and use of the natural health foods that grow wild all about us. The lore here can turn every field, forest, swamp, vacant lot and roadside into a health-food market with free merchandise.
Gibbons then produced the cookbooks Stalking the Blue-Eyed Scallop in 1964 and Stalking the Healthful Herbs in 1966. He was widely published in various magazines, including two pieces which appeared in National Geographic Magazine. The first article, in the July 1972 issue, described a two-week stay on an uninhabited island off the coast of Maine where Gibbons along with his wife Freda and a few family friends relied solely on the island's resources for sustenance. The second article, which appeared in the August 1973 issue, features Gibbons, along with granddaughter Colleen and grandson Mike, stalking wild foods in four western states."

book-gibbons.jpg

380675240_tp.jpg

And then he went on to promote Grape Nuts cereal with iconic TV commercials-

euellgibbons.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Great contest! Thanks!
I knew that picture of Euell Gibbons and knew he had something to do with the outdoors but just could not remember where I saw it at. The worst part is I probably still have both national geographic magazines he was in out in the garage!

Thanks everyone. The credit for #5 should go to BigBuck, he's probably the only one on the forum that really knew it. This was a pretty fun one. I think I might do one of these myself soon, give me a few days to put something together. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom