Short hunt finds big college ring

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
I went out this evening for a quick hunt over at the high school before the sun set. I picked random points in the distance and followed them for a bit, then switched directions after walking 50' or so. I concentrated in area near the practice field where the players and coaches would place their gear bags, or sit and wait for their turns on the field. I got a killer signal, and at first thought it was another pipe in the ground from the old irrigation system, but I couldnt feel the tell tale tap from the round sprinkler hole with my probe. So I dug down about 3" and found this beautiful big college ring!

101_5040.jpg

101_5045.jpg

Its got some dents on it so Im thinking it got smashed into the ground with football cleats. Thanks for looking and HH!

Nice find - the design is different from the average college ring.

Thank you. It is a little odd from the typical graduation year and stone.

Thats a beauty there TJ! I've never seen one like that before...

Thanks mud. Someone asked me if the 1870 was the graduation year. Im not sure if CO was even a state then. I think it was when the college was founded, but some more research is in order.

Cool ring!

Congrats...

This one I found, reminds me of yours, maybe help with the date range..

It's from 1926..

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20150927_230455.jpg
    IMG_20150927_230455.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 206
Cool ring!

Congrats...

This one I found, reminds me of yours, maybe help with the date range..

It's from 1926..

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice, Ive never seen a band that wide on a school ring. When I uncovered it, it was on its side, and I thought I found a ball bearing.

Back
Top Bottom