Moral dilemma part 2... the competition

Steve

Forum Supporter
Seems I'm making a similar post every year at about this time of year. Here is a bit of the backstory. I'm a white guy living in Asia. The beach I'm at now I've been hitting for 5 years or so. Went to the beach last night and there were 2 ctxs with 17" coils... fine. Good luck. Only problem was they kept following me around. Literally 2ft away. If I started digging they moved even closer. I walked to another section and they followed again.
I was considering fighting both of them but in the end controlled myself. So the question is how would you handle it? It was in the main swimming spot and I will likely see them often.

Is this something that goes on everywhere? Or am I just having to deal with the lowest lifeforms on the Earth ?

Didn't you post the same exact thing last year? We gave ya suggestions, you either gonna have to get more agressive or quit complainign about these guys.

They have as much right as you to the beach, IF they are intimidating you or harssing you, kindness hasn't worked so far had it?

You need to either assert yourself, or consider yourself in THIER territory. You have taught them by your INACTION to set boundries that it is okay to harass you.

I get it about being diplomatic and trying the proper ways, but some guys don;t understand NICE, some guys don't understand respect and morals, some guys don't respect YOU until you make sure that they do.

Put a stop to it and quit asking us or deal with it.... not trying to be harsh man, but WTH is asking us gonna do? We gave you pages of things to try, yet you're asking the same question as last year?

Do something about it yourself or deal with it man....Only way someone gonna know how to treat you is if you teach them how to treat you...it really does come down to that. :cool:

Guys know who they can and can not push around, and if you are easy pickins they'll pick the meat off the bone... if they know they'll get eaten, they'll find easier pickins....in the words of my own mother "grow a pair man"

Go deeper then them...or during high tide..they can't be there 24/7

Didn't you post the same exact thing last year? We gave ya suggestions, you either gonna have to get more agressive or quit complainign about these guys.

They have as much right as you to the beach, IF they are intimidating you or harssing you, kindness hasn't worked so far had it?

You need to either assert yourself, or consider yourself in THIER territory. You have taught them by your INACTION to set boundries that it is okay to harass you.

I get it about being diplomatic and trying the proper ways, but some guys don;t understand NICE, some guys don't understand respect and morals, some guys don't respect YOU until you make sure that they do.

Put a stop to it and quit asking us or deal with it.... not trying to be harsh man, but WTH is asking us gonna do? We gave you pages of things to try, yet you're asking the same question as last year?

Do something about it yourself or deal with it man....Only way someone gonna know how to treat you is if you teach them how to treat you...it really does come down to that. :cool:

Guys know who they can and can not push around, and if you are easy pickins they'll pick the meat off the bone... if they know they'll get eaten, they'll find easier pickins....in the words of my own mother "grow a pair man"

Different beach with different guys. I tried telling them to get the f away but they kept saying "don't understand". It got to the point where I was putting my scoop in front of his coil with me getting right in his face. I'm 6ft3 and 250lbs. Anything else? In that situation the last option would be to knock him out... and that's not something i want to start up. I will likely see the sht out of the area in the very near future

Different beach with different guys. I tried telling them to get the f away but they kept saying "don't understand". It got to the point where I was putting my scoop in front of his coil with me getting right in his face. I'm 6ft3 and 250lbs. Anything else?

Nope, but when a man tests me and lets it BE KNOWN he is doing it on purpose I wont go to the forum to ask people how I should handle myself.

Point I am making is we can't stop them, our suggestions haven't worked, and no one can stand up for you but yourself... what ya want us to do about it bud? Comes a time when a man has to handle HIS business....

I get asking ways to handle it, but none of anything we have suggested has ever worked,

so you're asking for more suggestions from the internet...bro, handle your business face to face or deal with it...I'm not trying to be rude, but if I am standing in a field and some dude is trying me ON PURPOSE, I'm not gonna turn to my keyboard I am going to face him like a man and respolve the issue in ways that language is not a barrier! You will understand...LOL

Handle it or deal with it bro... our best suggestions haven't worked we can;t hold you 6ft 3' 250 lb hands and handle it for you?

Nope, but when a man tests me and lets it BE KNOWN he is doing it on purpose I wont go to the forum to ask people how I should handle myself.

Point I am making is we can't stop them, our suggestions haven't worked, and no one can stand up for you but yourself... what ya want us to do about it bud? Comes a time when a man has to handle HIS business....

I get asking ways to handle it, but none of anything we have suggested has ever worked,

so you're asking for more suggestions from the internet...bro, handle your business face to face or deal with it...I'm not trying to be rude, but if I am standing in a field and some dude is trying me ON PURPOSE, I'm not gonna turn to my keyboard I am going to face him like a man and respolve the issue in ways that language is not a barrier! You will understand...LOL

Handle it or deal with it bro... our best suggestions haven't worked we can;t hold you 6ft 3' 250 lb hands and handle it for you?
There are other things to consider too such as being deported:laughing:.. I will likely seed the sht out.of the area and be done with it.
You can't handle situations the same as you would in america. If you tried confronting a guy in the field here you would be in prison and then deported... but hey, thanks for the great advice telling me to man up. Brilliant

There are other things to consider too such as being deported:laughing:.. I will likely seed the sht out.of the area and be done with it.
You can't handle situations the same as you would in america. If you tried confronting a guy in the field here you would be in prison and then deported

Well, bow down then...I mean these's my suggestions, stand up for yourself or bow down... every other suggestion, including seeding the area isn't going to stop a man from walking 2 ft behind you mirroring and mocking you... Sorry I don't have any better ideas :)

Well, bow down then...I mean these's my suggestions, stand up for yourself or bow down... every other suggestion, including seeding the area isn't going to stop a man from walking 2 ft behind you mirroring and mocking you... Sorry I don't have any better ideas :)
Could always follow obn advice and water hunt. Every problem has a solution and violence is rarely the correct 1. However, at this particular beach water hunting in the middle of the night is not really safe and the traffic in the daytime is too heavy. There are on average of 3 drowning deaths a year here. Can you sort of see why I'm trying to find other points of view or suggestions...

For sure yours is interfering with theirs and hunting for fresh drops I'm guessing .. So do the signals still come thru. I have had it once this year with a old goat who just seemed to be about 20 feet away with a excel... right on my left side just behind me. I could still hear the targets just a pain in the xss. It lasted about 20 minutes then he went back the other direction..

Last edited:
For sure your is interfering with theirs and hunting for fresh drops I'm guessing .. So do the signals still come thru. I have had it once this year with a old goat who just seemed to be about 20 feet away with a excel... right on my left side just behind me. I could still hear the targets just a pain in the xss. It lasted about 20 minutes then he went back the other direction..
Yeah.. that about sums it up. I tried going a few different directions. Even walking a quick pace holding the coil up... to no avail

Sounds like they are working hard to frustrate you off that spot and winning :mad: Don't know what to tell you, especially with you being an outsider, but I'm sure its taking a lot of the joy and zone out/distraction-less feeling from detecting.

Is this something that goes on everywhere? Or am I just having to deal with the lowest lifeforms on the Earth ?

Steve, not to "cast aspersions" on you, or to question your accounting of these incidents, but .... are they really *that* close ? I mean, so close that it's "2 ft. away" (your quote) . Please tell me you're exaggerating :roll: "2 ft." is so close you can reach out and touch someone. So I have a feeling therefore, that you must be exaggerating a bit to make a point.

So I wonder if there's not a little ... uh ... temper perhaps on your end ? For example: I know of a guy who ... HEAVEN HELP YOU if you even get within 40 yards of him. He yells at people. Everyone is too close to him (unless you happen to be his friend on his 'ok' list).

Thus as I read your post, I wondered if perhaps there's a hint of this in your situation ?

At 6'3" and 250 pounds, put one of these numbers on, then maybe they will stay clear and run for the hills! :lol:

Attachments

• godzilla.jpg
    godzilla.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 712
Drop some jacks behind you etc. Should keep them busy for awhile or a bunch of your lowest denomination coins.

Attachments

• jacks.jpg
    jacks.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 792
Plan on wasting a day. Bore the snot out of them and walk extremely slow. Waste their time find nothing.
And did I say walk extremely sloooooow.

wet sand? Go buy some copper bb's, spread them liberally behind you as you go... Something like that will frustrate the heck out of them but in a few days they will settle deep and not be an issue anymore.

carry a portable chair and when they come up on you, Turn to face them and sit down and do nothing while staring at them. See how long they will stand there...

Back
Top Bottom