Playing in Muck is Tiring!

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
I thought I was rested enough to go out and play in the muck with my CZ-21 and 8" coil. That is a lot of work. I was past my elbow deep in the spot I hit. There really are super deep targets out there in that river. One Barber dime an 1927 wheat and a 1942 king George. A silver ring and the rest of it brass.

That encrusted thing is either a key or a bottle opener. Rang up as a high tone

Anyway. I think I left the camera on last night as it wouldn't record for more than a few seconds. Will try it again tomorrow.

Last edited:
That's got to be rough hunting SD.

It is very rough. However, I keep thinking of the gold rings that have to be buried out there and stupid me keeps plugging away.

Another reason is as soon as I get down to the hard pan I get a lot of signals. Most are trash but the thought of hitting the area at the bottom of the two slides that were out there keeps me going.

As soon as I hit even one of them, I feel I will be uncovering lots of silver and gold. At the bottom of slides in the water or on land you have a crater. That crater will be filled in with muck now. I guess the idea of finding a lot of targets in one is keeping my hopes up. Kids had to have done cannon balls off the dock also. Where are the ends of it?

All the possibilities keep me going. Also finding some honker rings out there have also kept the fire going.

This one was last year. 18K honker. Also in the muck.

Once it was lost it was gone.

Cool old silver ring there and that schrader valve cap/valve tool is cool :lol:

Like them bath house tags!

Nice hunting SD.

Dam(n)!! That is a muck-honker from last year WOW!

Cool Barber! Cant you get down in there under that old slide site with your underwater tower thingy and blow the muck out of there down to the hardpack??

You have old pictures of the bath house, do they show where the slides were to give you some idea where to look? I realize with visibility being so low you could be right next to it. Still one hellofa challenge. If anyone can do it, it will be you SD
best of luck. :cheers:

Nice job, I can see the desirability in digging down in that, never know whats under the muck, like the King George :yes:

Cool Barber! Cant you get down in there under that old slide site with your underwater tower thingy and blow the muck out of there down to the hardpack??

Muck is too much like paste to blow any amount away. I need a water pump and fire hose on my boat, would work great!

You have old pictures of the bath house, do they show where the slides were to give you some idea where to look? I realize with visibility being so low you could be right next to it. Still one hellofa challenge. If anyone can do it, it will be you SD
best of luck. :cheers:

I have pictures of the slides in the water and pictures of the bath house. No picture of both unfortunately. The huge dock was built after the slides were gone.

Would one of these fans that Aquachigger has used be any help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ4mS7gCnRc

I have one. the deeper muck is paste. Would take forever with one of them and the battery only lasts an hour and a half.

Back
Top Bottom