I Haven't Been Detecting In Weeks

beephead

Elite Member
I've been sidelined for awhile because it has been just too darn hot and my knee has been giving me some problems. I couldn't take not detecting any longer so I popped a Aleve and headed out early this morning to beat the heat. After I got warmed up and sweating like crazy my knee finally loosened up some.

I hit few different sites but the last one produced the most. It was a mid-fifties home with a really steep sloping front yard. I ended the day with 4 silver Rosie dimes, 9 wheat pennies and few clad coins. I sure can't wait until Fall gets here and brings us some cooler temperatures.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_2030.jpg
    IMG_2030.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_2033.jpg
    IMG_2033.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_2035.jpg
    IMG_2035.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_2036.jpg
    IMG_2036.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_2038.jpg
    IMG_2038.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_2039.jpg
    IMG_2039.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_2041.jpg
    IMG_2041.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_2043.jpg
    IMG_2043.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_2044.jpg
    IMG_2044.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
The King of Rosies makes a triumphant return! Nice haul.

I got in a couple late evening digs the last couple weeks, but that's it. Too hot and ground too hard. Hoping for rain and cooler temps starting Friday.

Great job with the finds! If you are able to hunt the property again that has the sloping front yard, I'd hit the bottom of that slope hard. I'd bet that kids sledged and rolled down that hill plenty of times with pockets full of coins.

I hope your knee feels better soon.

I sure can't wait until Fall gets here and brings us some cooler temperatures.

beephead

You and me both! I am so excited for fall already. It's going to be awesome to not have sweat running down my forearms, LOL! Plus my AT-MAX should be here (it better be!).

Great hunt! I am seriously jealous of all these Rosie dimes! When am I going to get one? :?:

Sweet

How cool is that, finding Rosies on a hot day. Congrates. I'm 72 and am out there 4 days a week in the 100+ weather. I drink a lot of water and go slow. I sold my Deus, I didn't like it. I love my ATPro.
HH everyone

Nice finds! I've been finding all of my silver at 50's homes lately it seems. The really old places haven't been giving up anything to me!

Congrats! 4 nice Rosies there and good for you for getting back out there. Sometimes the bug is stronger than the pain it seems (and I'm sure the Aleve helped..)

Dude you suck the silver out of the ground for sure! Congrats!

I got out Sunday and it feels like eons since I've gotten out :(

Will go for a bit before work tomorrow and on my lunch hour too!

The King of Rosies makes a triumphant return! Nice haul.

I got in a couple late evening digs the last couple weeks, but that's it. Too hot and ground too hard. Hoping for rain and cooler temps starting Friday.
Thanks! At least the ground was soft from recent rains.

Great job with the finds! If you are able to hunt the property again that has the sloping front yard, I'd hit the bottom of that slope hard. I'd bet that kids sledged and rolled down that hill plenty of times with pockets full of coins.

I hope your knee feels better soon.
Thanks! The bottom of the hill is were I always start. Another good spot is at the top of the hill where the slope begins. People like to sit there.

Congrats on the slivers & wheaties! Those Rosie's sure cleaned up nice. :detector:
Thanks! Our ground is kind to silver but eats up Wheaties.

You and me both! I am so excited for fall already. It's going to be awesome to not have sweat running down my forearms, LOL! Plus my AT-MAX should be here (it better be!).

Great hunt! I am seriously jealous of all these Rosie dimes! When am I going to get one? :?:
Thanks! I don't get really fired up until it cools down.

How cool is that, finding Rosies on a hot day. Congrates. I'm 72 and am out there 4 days a week in the 100+ weather. I drink a lot of water and go slow. I sold my Deus, I didn't like it. I love my ATPro.
HH everyone
Thanks! That's good advice.

Way to get back out there and find some silver. Congrats!
Thanks! I'm going give it a few more days and hit again. I don't won't to over do it.

Nice finds! I've been finding all of my silver at 50's homes lately it seems. The really old places haven't been giving up anything to me!
Thanks! Lots of silver is lost at those fifties homes.

Very nice!!!
Thanks! I wasn't expecting to find much with the way my knee was hurting.

Congratulations on getting out in the heat.
you know, you could always drive north...
Thanks! I won't be long before the people will be wanting to drive south.

Congrats! 4 nice Rosies there and good for you for getting back out there. Sometimes the bug is stronger than the pain it seems (and I'm sure the Aleve helped..)
Thanks! The Aleve seems to be better than Advil. I always buy the generic.

Glad you are back in action!
Thanks! I hope that it's nothing serious with my knee. I starting to feel a whole better since my wife set me an appointment to get it looked at next week.

Dude you suck the silver out of the ground for sure! Congrats!

I got out Sunday and it feels like eons since I've gotten out :(

Will go for a bit before work tomorrow and on my lunch hour too!
Thanks! Having good sites to detect sure helps.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom