I just got a call from Vince Gifford at Tesoro...

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
He told me my compadre that I had sent in two days before they laid everyone off is fixed (new coil and new disc pot) and he wanted to confirm my mailing address. I appreciate the fact that he is following through with all the warranty work.

That is great to hear, bad enough all that has happened to that company but leaving a sour taste legacy of telling people to send in bad units and then folding completely leaving all those owners in the lurch would have been even worse.
At least he is trying to get through the backlog while he still has time to do it.
He could have just walked away but didn't so I give him credit.

Good news! I think all the mouth running Tesoro Solomon did back in the day that Tesoro let go on helped kill that company. It's the reason i never bought one. And i am guessing hundreds of other people as well.

Vince is an outstanding person for doing that. Obviously he has a sense of responsibility to take care of those that have invested in Tesoro.
My two recent Tesoro purchases were a new Compadre and a used Mojave. That’s after Tesoro closed it’s doors. I’m so impressed by these detectors it makes me hope that someone will pick up the brand and run with it.

He told me my compadre that I had sent in two days before they laid everyone off is fixed (new coil and new disc pot) and he wanted to confirm my mailing address. I appreciate the fact that he is following through with all the warranty work.

did they sell the factory?..think i saw somethin' indicating they did!.if so, he must be holed up somewhere else repairing detectors?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

My compadre arrived today. Got it back together and it works perfectly. I sent it in because it was really noisy when thumbing the disc knob. Now it's nice and quiet:yes:

That’s great news Toad! Seems like Mr. Gifford is top quality person also. Maybe he could open his own repair business on the side? I’m sure getting the inventory of parts would be the problem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s great news Toad! Seems like Mr. Gifford is top quality person also. Maybe he could open his own repair business on the side? I’m sure getting the inventory of parts would be the problem...

Why would he want to do that if he closed Tesoro, sold the property, he wants to retire.....his brother already left a number of years ago to pursue his real passion. Remember reading, legally he has to repair any warranty items in his possession before he can close permanently to avoid any lawsuits etc. Also to be a nice guy and get the detectors back to their owners.

Why would he want to do that if he closed Tesoro, sold the property, he wants to retire.....his brother already left a number of years ago to pursue his real passion. Remember reading, legally he has to repair any warranty items in his possession before he can close permanently to avoid any lawsuits etc. Also to be a nice guy and get the detectors back to their owners.

I was unaware that he was owner.

I read that before, now when I read it I get real sad.

Yeah its sad, one of my favorite brands of detectors. But, once you lose the passion, your passion becomes drudgery and you just want out. Sometimes it takes years to find the courage to finally do it. Kind of like some marriages....

From what I gather the factory is sold but the property has not changed hands...yet.
Vince is still in there repairing detectors.

must be a "liability" issue in that he has to repair all the detectors
in house to comply with the law.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom