Anyone using a Makro Kruzer?

okiesilver

Would like some opinions on the Kruzer. For coin hunting parks, school yards, old fairground, etc. Thanks

I had one for about 3 weeks. It is a very good machine. The reasons I did not keep it are that I do not like having to charge my machine. I do not want to be in middle of nowhere and run out of juice. Second, I do not like machines where nickels come in in the lower 30's. Too much number space between nickels and silver. I like machines where nickels come in in the 50's (AT Pro, T2). It is easy to swing, to learn and deep. If my dislikes don't bother you go for it.

I've had one for about a year now. Light, waterproof, blazing fast, and coil-for-coil as deep as anything out there. I like rechargeable. You'll run out before it does. AA battery pod in the unlikely event it does run out. Very well built. Only downside is it can be a bit sparky but not hard to get used to. Or just turn things down. Quiet and still plenty deep.

I had the Multi Kruzer for awhile when I was deciding between it and the Nox 600. I went with the Nox but not because there was something wrong with the Kruzer. I really liked everything about it. The Nox just suited my bad soil conditions better.

I think it is about the highest gain detector I have ever used. Some people have complained about 4 tone mode on the Kruzer being too chatty. That is how Nokta/Makro made the detector......4 tones is for going super deep with the highest amount of transmit power in discrimination mode. It is going to be noisy by default. 3 tones and 2 tones are for more normal detecting. Gen is a very effective threshold based all metal mode.

I liked the Kruzer platform so much that when I returned it and traded it for a Gold Kruzer for prospecting and micro jewelry hunting. It is a great high frequency detector.

Jeff

Got a Kruzer 14khz

Used it the first time last Friday at Old Park. Found my first Silver coin with it. A 1920 Mercury. It was in 7-8" range. Came in good. Gave 77-78 ID numbers. Was in 4 tone mode and sensitivity was 80. A little noisy or sparky , but not to bad. Think i'm gonna like it. Built very sturdy and rechargable battery plus waterproof. And it feels good on the arm. Not to heavy.

Used it the first time last Friday at Old Park. Found my first Silver coin with it. A 1920 Mercury. It was in 7-8" range. Came in good. Gave 77-78 ID numbers. Was in 4 tone mode and sensitivity was 80. A little noisy or sparky , but not to bad. Think i'm gonna like it. Built very sturdy and rechargable battery plus waterproof. And it feels good on the arm. Not to heavy.

That is awesome!! I have the anfibio. I kind of want the kruzer too actually. I really did not know much about the Kruzer but came across them as I got to looking at the nokta anfibio. I have owned a Fors Core and the original red racer. They were both built like a tank. They are very good machines. I do not know what you were using before but I believe the more you use it the better you will like it.

I hunt in 3 tone mode. I understand the kruzer is not as deep for some reason in the three tone mode compared to the anfibio. However I personally think that is due to the coil size on the anfibio actually. However, if you can think of it like this, when the kruzer is making it's little sparking noises, think of it being a large cam in a hot rod setting there idling. It is making the little pops and all because of the gain settings. You could possibly find a happy medium and lower your gain a tad to calm it down a bit. Also if it gets too chattery on you, try switching the operating frequency on the frequency your using. That may help too. Good Luck!!

I love my kruzer. with a fully charged battery I get 3 hunts out of it. I was worried it would be a 2 hr deal.... but not so. here in Gettysburg Ive pulled 2 flying eagle pennies 1857,1858, 2 1800's large cents, colonial copper... numerous union and confederate bullets.... buttons, cuff link.... I do a lot of water hunting. could the nox and others do this.... sure. it comes down to.... do you like the balance, rechargeable batteries that can also be charged in the cigarette lighter, the modes, 3 changeable frequencies, vibrate mode, different back light settings, sturdy shaft. It just works for me.

If you hunt in really trashy parks, get the 5” or 7” coil to go with it. The small coils will really separate the good from the bad.

I had the multi kruzer. Excellent machine. Replaced it with the Anfibio.

What are the differences and which do you like better.
I love my original racer but always thinking next upgrade ...either one of them or a 800.

All opinions welcome

Kruzer was little lighter. The Anfibio was easier to change coils. It used the clamp type connectors on the shaft. The display was easier to read & get around in the menu due to the new design. A few extra audio features. Both are excellent detectors. Either one will make some one a top detector. I’ve sold both of mine due to going back to an xp deus. Due to age wanting to go light weight.

Kruzer will be close to 800 in weight. Anfibio will be heavier than 800. I feel all 3 are comparable detectors.

Anyone using a Kruzer?

Forgot to mention , I also like the meter. Easy to read with large numbers and I like the dial shaped number scale to. The back light is nice also. HH, Glen

You'll find a lot of coins with the Kruzer in 3 tone. If budget allows, I'd recommend you just get the Anfibio. The new AF28 coil seems to make a big difference. If not, consider getting the AF28 coil later for the Kruzer.

D

I love my Kruzer. The ergonomics are what an S-shaped configuration ought to be!

Get the battery pack. Balances out the unit perfectly. Using a set of Eneloops in the pod takes all wear and tear off of the internal Li-Po battery, extending the life of it. The internal becomes your backup plan.

Anyone using a Kruzer?

Anyone using a 9" concentric coil on the Kruzer? If so , how is it for depth compared to stock coil? Also is it better in heavy iron infested places? Thanks, Glen

'

I had one for about 3 weeks. It is a very good machine. The reasons I did not keep it are that I do not like having to charge my machine. I do not want to be in middle of nowhere and run out of juice. Second, I do not like machines where nickels come in in the lower 30's. Too much number space between nickels and silver. I like machines where nickels come in in the 50's (AT Pro, T2). It is easy to swing, to learn and deep. If my dislikes don't bother you go for it.
You'd hate the White's M6 because pennies and dimes ring up in the 70's and nickels ring up at 18.:twisted:

Anyone using a 9" concentric coil on the Kruzer? If so , how is it for depth compared to stock coil? Also is it better in heavy iron infested places? Thanks, Glen
'

I liked the 9.5" x 5" DD search coil on my MMK a whole lot better than the stock search coil. It's deep, it separates well and is a whole lot easier to swing than the stock coil. Overall, if I could only have one search coil for the MMK, it would be the 7" concentric search coil. I sold my MMK, but kept those 2 coils. I'm either going to buy another MMK or sell the search coils. I've almost given up on finding a good deal on a used MMK.

beephead

I just got mine in yesterday, and am struggling coming from the Fisher F44. It's not the Makro, it's the idiot swinging it in my case. Just a learning curve for me. So far, I've only been in a really trashy area. I had thought I had cleaned most of the junk and coins out with the old Fisher, nope. There's stuff everywhere yet. I'm flat out amazed at how fast this thing is. Stuff that would have rung up as a single target before, not now. I'm hearing every single bit down there.

The weight isn't bad either. Can't say I noticed any extra fatigue from the Fisher to the Makro. Personally, I just can't wait to start getting to know this beast, and understanding what it's trying to tell me. Nothing worth it is easy.

It has really good depth, probably quite comparable to the bigger double D for depth. You are more likely to pull targets sitting in iron with the concentric that a Double D won't detect. They say to use a double D coil in mineralized soil but I've pulled targets with the concentric that were missed previously when using the double D and it is a specific small area, so I'm sure the double D covered it, I just didn't get the same results. In saying that, I wish I had the 7" concentric instead but I might be selling my Makros and just sticking with the XP deus like Sataro stated earlier.

It has really good depth, probably quite comparable to the bigger double D for depth. You are more likely to pull targets sitting in iron with the concentric that a Double D won't detect. They say to use a double D coil in mineralized soil but I've pulled targets with the concentric that were missed previously when using the double D and it is a specific small area, so I'm sure the double D covered it, I just didn't get the same results. In saying that, I wish I had the 7" concentric instead but I might be selling my Makros and just sticking with the XP deus like Sataro stated earlier.

You're right about the 7" concentric search coil. It was my favorite search coil for the Kruzer that sold. My second favorite is the Nokta Makro 9.5" X 5" DD search coil. Both search coils are nearly as deep as the nose heavy stock search coil. Plus they separate better. I'm either going to sell the search coils or buy another Kruzer.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom